22

*tessa pov*
(the day after Jughead's suspension)

I had my arms crossed as I walked through the school in the school uniform, but I also had my football jacket on. I went into the common lounge and they all paused to see me, Reggie stood up with a big smirk on his face.

"Look at you in your bulldog jacket," he slowly claps before waltzing up to me with his big smirk.

"I used to play, remember?" I asked with a fake smile.

"You look good in it too, better in my bed though," I scoffed before shoving him.

"You're gross, you couldn't get me back then and you can't get me now," I pat his chest, I froze slightly at how toned it was, he groaned in annoyance at me and snap back into it, "Better luck next time, hun," I walked past him and sat with Toni and Sweet pea, my eyes lit up as I look at the turtleneck.

"Don't even say a damn word, Emerald," he snapped and I snickered as I look at Toni.

"You both look so cute," I told them as Toni hands me her coffee and I took a sip of it before handing it back.

"Thanks sweetheart," I heard someone say behind me and I rolled my eyes as I look at Reggie.

"Not you, Mantle," I told him and he laughed, Sweet pea growled and I kicked his shin softly, he stopped before scowling at Reggie.

"Aye, you should play football again," Reggie said to me and I shake my head.

"I broke my knee, fucked it up badly remember? I can't play football again," I told him.

"You could always try?" He replies.

"I'll think about it okay? How's Moose?" I ask him.

"He's good, and he also thanks you for that present you got him." I smile, "so do I, that jersey was so cool."

"Glad you both liked it, with the extra money I've earned I managed to get everyone presents."

"I gotta go, see you snake," Reggie ruffles my hair and I smacked his hand off my head with a small laugh.

"Bye Mantle," I waved before sighing, "he's so annoying," I mumbled and they both snickered.

"Guys, What the hell?" We all got up and went over to Jughead.

"Weatherbee gave them to us. Said he understood that not every Southside student had the means to purchase Riverdale High acceptable clothes.
He thinks this will help us fit in." Toni explained in annoyance and I sighed.

"Where's Fogarty?" Jughead asked.

"He wouldn't wear the uniform." I stated.

"Yeah, so they got rid of him, suspended him." Sweet pea adds on.

"So our choices are conform or be cast out." Jughead states and I nod my head as my lips went into a straight line.

"Yeah."

"What are you even wearing the uniform for? You have acceptable clothing and you used to go here!" Jughead yells and we all laughed.

"Toni wanted me to wear it so she wasn't the only one," I answered nonchalantly.

"Right..."

"What? I didn't want her to be embarrassed." I told him and Toni awe's me, "Toni don't." She started laughing and then we all did.

🐍🐍🐍

It was after school and everyone went home, except for me, I wanted to take as advantage of the school oval so I got changed into my gym outfit and placed my bag in my locker.