35

*Tessa pov*

My cramps have been getting worse, it was getting to the point where even walking made me feel sick. I didn't know what to do. Sweet pea and I were at Pops for breakfast, Fangs had to do something for Jughead so he couldn't come.

"You look like you're gonna be sick," sweet pea states as I rest my head against the table with a groan.

"I won't stop having these stupid cramps and I want them gone!" I groaned as the pain throbs in my abdomen, I clutched my side as I hiss.

"When does this happen?" He asks me.

"Every five minutes," I told him as I slowly look up and pant before dryly swallowing. Sweet pea looked panicked and I groaned again before putting my head back down.

"Oh god, you look even worse!"

"Not helping, Pea!" I snapped, "I'm sorry, sorry, I'm in pain."

"It's fine, I think we need to get you to the hospital," he said, I nod before standing up, a pain shot through me and I gasped before falling back down in my seat.

"S-Sweet pea?" I whimpered as I slowly look down at my jeans since I felt wet, I saw blood and my heart stopped. "Oh god..." I whispered to myself "No..."

"What? What happened?" He asks me and I slowly look at him "is it the baby? What happened?" He was panicking and I nod my head slowly.

"I think I had a miscarriage..." I whispered as tears blurred my vision.

"What?" He asks me, I wiped my eyes before looking down as the blood stain got bigger.

"I think my baby died." I told him quietly as I put my hand to my stomach, I covered my face with my hands before I started to cry.

"Tessa?" I shake my head as I cried even harder into my hands, my pain was unbearable but the thought of losing my child was even more soul-breaking.

"I need to go to the hospital," I uncover my face and Sweet pea stares at me, I wiped my face before sniffling, "I-I can't go like this..." I whimper.

"Here," he took his denim vest off and then his flannel, he hands it over and I took it. I wrapped it around my waist before tying the sleeves together and shifted it so it covered the blood.

"Can we go back to the camp so I can change before we go?" He nods his head as we got out of the booth, I grab my keys and walked with sweet pea.

🐍🐍🐍

I was silent as Sweet pea drove the truck to the hospital, my knees were to my chest and I stared out the window.

"I don't know what to do in this situation, Tessa," sweet pea admits, I slowly look over to him.

"Neither do I," I said hoarsely.

"I'm so sorry," he said as he placed his hand on my shoulder before parking the car in the hospital parking lot.

"It's not your fault," I told him quietly, "it's mine, maybe I wasn't good enough, maybe it was just me getting my period instead and everything's fine... I think that I miscarriage though."

"Hopefully not," sweet pea said, "I'd like to see a fusion of you two running around." He told me and I smile.

"Yeah?" He nods his head before we both got out of the car, "you know you and Toni would've been the godparents right?"

"Really? Me?" He asks and I smile.

"Of course! Silly, you're my best friend, you would protect them no matter what." He smirked at me.