24

*Tessa pov* (one week later)

I sat next to Jughead in class as Cheryl was droning on about St. Pickens day, it was fake... this town celebrates the deaths of many people.

"Mr. Jones, eyes up front." Jughead looks up and she smiles in satisfactory.

"Thank you, Mrs. Haggly," Cheryl gave her a sweet smile before sighing as she turned to face everyone again, "As I was saying, each year, we honor the memory of General Pickens, yet few know the truth." The projector clicks as I rolled my eyes. "That it was my great-great- great-grandpappy Colonel Barnabas B. Blossom, who bankrolled General Pickens' settlement of, "an Eden along the river of Sweetwater, where maple trees grow taller than the steeples of Europe's grandest cathedrals." Which is why every year I petition the mayor's office to rename Pickens Day." The bell rings and I sighed in relief.

"Thank you for that, Cheryl. Mr. Jones, we look forward to your oral history report next week." Mrs Haggly said as she tilted her head down and her glasses were moved to the tip over her nose. Jughead got up and so did I before grabbing my stuff and leaving with him.

🐍🐍🐍

I sat in the cafeteria listening to my music with my earphones in, my feet were on the table as my back was pressed against the wall.

"Mind if I sit with you?" I heard someone ask, I took my earphone out as I look up to see Reggie, he grins as I took my feet off the table as he put his tray down and rested his hand on his cheek.

"What's up Mantle?" I asked as I paused my music as I brought my knees to my chest, "gonna ask me to sleep with you?" I teased as he chuckles.

"No, no... even though that would be lovely," I scoffed as he chuckled, "Nah, I wanted to be genuine and see how you were doing." He said and I rose my eyebrow in surprise.

"I'm fine, Reg, what's up?" I questioned suspiciously.

"Nothing, Emerald, I just wanted to talk to you since I haven't seen you properly since you transferred." He said and I smile.

"Well, what about we go play some football?" I suggest and he smirked as we both got up and left the cafeteria.

🐍🐍🐍

"You still got it!" He shouts happily as I jumped and caught the ball, I fell down and rolled as I laughed. I held the ball up and he applauded me.

"Hell yeah I do!" I shout as Reggie's shadow looms over before he held a hand out, I grabbed it and he pulled me off the ground. I giggle as I put the football to his chest before taking my cardigan off.

"Ooh! Are you getting serious?" He asks as I tied my hair up.

"You bet, C'mon Mantle the Magnificent, let's play." I grin as he straightens his posture with a big smirk before we crouch down and started playing.

🐍🐍🐍

Reggie and I were walking down the hallway, people looked at us as I shove him and he shoves me back playfully.

"I gotta admit, playing again was really nostalgic," I told him as we stopped at my locker and I opened it, I grabbed out my plain leather jacket and slipped it on.

"Yeah, I wish the team was back on," he told me as I shut my locker and locked it, I turn as I crossed my arm and sighed.

"It's crazy, it felt like not long ago I was here... carefree," I told him, "now look at me..." I sighed as I leaned back on my locker and look around.

"You're still the same Stone-cold girl I know, you've just grown up a bit that's all," he said to me in a reassuring way.

"Thanks, Reggie," I smile as the bell went, "gotta go, see you around, Mantle." He winks before walking away, I saw Sweet pea and Fangs walking down the hallway, my phone buzzed and I pulled out to see a message from FP.