18

*Tessa pov*

I woke up in my bed and sighed as I got out and went to get ready, I had to wear makeup today since I was black and blue. I look in the mirror and shake my head, I can't let fangs see this.

Bing!

I look at my phone and picked it up, I squint before opening my draw in my bathroom to grab my spare pair of glasses.

Fangdangle: hey, hope last night was really fun for you, by the way Merry Christmas angel.

It was, don't worry! Hope you all had a good night, happy holidays, Bub.

Fangdangle: we did! My mom wouldn't shut up about you!

Hey! I'm a delight, excuse me?

Fangdangle: you definitely are not, I'm coming over soon so we can go to school.

Okay.

I put my phone down before looking in the mirror, I can't be bothered with contacts today so I'll just wear my glasses.

🐍🐍🐍

I opened the door and Fangs looked at me, "hey, nerd," Fangs nonchalantly said. I shake my head as I grabbed my bag and keys.

"Let's go to school, loser," I replied as I shut the door behind me and he smirks.

"Since when did you wear glasses other than your reading ones?" He questions as we went to our bikes.

"Since I was 10, I wear contacts," I told him as we got on and he looked at my bike.

"What happened to the paint on your bike?" He questions me, I shrugged.

"Nothing, I guess it's coming off," I replied as I started my bike and he did too, I pulled my bandana up and slid on my glasses.

"Race you to school?"

"You're on!" We kicked off and sped out of the trailer park.

🐍🐍🐍

Jughead called a meeting, we were there instead of school, we sat around in the couches as he stood up.

"Penny Peabody has got my dad dealing drugs. I know this, 'cause she had me doing it before him. Now, she's roped in Tall Boy, Tessa and Sweet Pea." Jughead told everyone and we glanced at each other before Sweet pea sighs.

"Man, if you're pissed because your old man tapped us instead of you—"

"No, Sweet Pea. I'm pissed because I don't want the Serpents to end up like the Ghoulies. And I doubt that any of you became Serpent just to be at the beck and call of a drug queen pin. I know where this ends. Death. Jail. Which is why in the interest of self-preservation, we have to take out Penny."

"Snake Charmer's helped some of us." Sweet pea said.

"Oh, yeah? And what did she ask for in return, Sweet Pea, huh? How many favours?"

Sweet pea went silent.

"Now," Jughead continues, "if we don't stop Penny tonight, she is going to get every single one of us in on this. I promise you. I promise you, Sweet Pea. What I am asking is, are you willing to risk your necks to save my dad's life?" Jughead was good at pep talks, Toni stood up and looked at us.