13

*Tessa Pov*

I heard someone come into the room, I looked over towards the door to see Keller, "Hey, kid, are you alright?" Keller asks me and I rubbed my eyes as I nod my head, I got zero sleep and my eyes were killing me.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm–" I coughed into my elbow before sighing, "–good, I'm good," I told him as I laid back and Sweet pea wraps his arms around me again.

"I came to deliver the news of when you'll be freed," Sheriff Keller said and I nod my head slowly, it was 6 am currently.

"Is that today?" I ask him quietly.

"Yeah, in the morning you can all go," I sigh in relief as I rubbed my eyes tiredly.

"Thanks for letting me know, Keller," I sighed, I felt Toni shift and I placed my chin on top of her head.

"You need some sleep, you look half dead."

"You sit in an uncomfortable cell and tell me while you're comfy out there to sleep," I snapped and he just sighs.

"Touché, kid, touché," I cracked my neck and sighed as I shut my sore eyes for a moment or two before opening them again to see that Keller disappeared.

"Hmm," I shut my eyes once again and leaned my head back on Sweet peas chest, I felt it rise and fall.

🐍🐍🐍

"Tessa," I opened my eyes and yawned as I rubbed my eyes and looked at Toni smiling at me.

"Hey," I smile back.

"We can go home," Toni informs me, I nod my head before looking behind me to see Sweet pea sitting behind me with a smirk on his face.

"You've been sitting there for ages haven't you?" I asked him. He nods his head at me and I sighed as I just leaned back again.

"You didn't sleep last night," Sweet pea states and I nod my head, "I can tell, your eyes are bloodshot."

"I couldn't sleep, I felt watched and that creeped me out too much." I explained as I slowly got off the ground and groaned in pain. Sweet pea was up and didn't make a sound.

"Let's go home," I nod in agreement before we all left for home.

🐍🐍🐍

I walked into my trailer with my belongings back in my possession, I shut the door behind me with my foot and made my way into my bedroom with a slight stumble here and there from how exhausted I was.

I picked my head up from the ground to see the bottom of my bed was changed and so was my mattress.

"Umm?" I was really confused, I couldn't afford my bed being drastically changed like this, my phone buzzed and I picked up.

"Hey! I heard you got out of jail this morning, how are you feeling?" Veronica asks me and I rose an eyebrow.

"My ass hurts from sitting on the ground for 24 hours and my back hurts... other than that? I'm exhausted but I suddenly have a new bed and I'm skeptical."

"Oh! Fangs mentioned to Jughead that your bed broke so I took the liberty of buying you a new bed. I hope it's okay?"

"You didn't have to buy me a new bed... but yes, I love it," I walked over and sat down on the queen sized bed and melted into it instantly.

"I knew you couldn't afford it, it's an early birthday present, by the way, I know you hate taking things like charity but you really needed this."

"Hey, it's fine, now I feel like I have to pay you back," I sighed, "that's all I'm thinking about, how to pay you back, Ronnie."

"No! Don't you dare think that you're in dept to me because of an early birthday present, you don't owe me anything but a big hug when I see you next... which will be today, the race is today."