34

*Tessa pov*

It's been about a week of pain in my stomach, annoyance at every little thing and wanting to either not eat and sleep or eat everything and sleep. Fangs isn't home yet and he doesn't know either.

We were all at school in the common room awaiting in anticipation for the PA to turn on... and it did, I was sitting on the arm rest of the chair that Sweet pea was sitting on as he played with a fidget spinner.

"Attention, Riverdale High students. The results of your student council election are in. Your new student body president is... Archie Andrews." Everyone whistled, clapped and cheered for Archie. "In unrelated news, for the foreseeable future, all former Southside High students will remain at Riverdale High. That is all." I sighed in relief as everyone started cheering again for us, Reggie and the bulldogs made barking sounds and we were all celebrating.

"I told you that we would be okay," I said to Sweet pea and he smiles down at me since he got up to clap.

"You're always right," he told me and I smile.

"I know," I replied and he laughs and so did I.

🐍🐍🐍

We were all sitting around outside at the riverbank, I was talking to Jughead about random things until he smiles behind me.

"I think you should turn around..." I tilt my head slightly before slowly turning around to see Fangs with a crutch under his arm as he was talking to sweet pea.

"Oh, my god he's home..." I whispered, Jughead smiles as I look at him excitedly.

"Well? Are you going to say hello or what?" He asks me and my smile got bigger before I made my way towards Fangs and sweet pea.

"Dude I wanna surprise her," I heard Fangs say before Sweet pea looked at me. I put my finger to my lips and he looks back down to Fangs "I missed her so much."

"Yeah, I missed you too," he spun around and I smile at him "hey, welcome home." Fangs' smile got wider as he pulled me into a hug, he groaned before wrapping one arm around me.

"Hey gorgeous," he whispered in my ear as I just held him, I look at Sweet pea and he smiles down at me, I smile back before tears formed in my eyes.

"Hey Fangs," blinked my tears away as we pull away from each other. FP whistled and we all look at him.

"Listen up now! Hey, listen up! Some 60 years ago, the very first Serpent meeting took place on these same riverbanks. And it makes sense that is where we gather now, where I... Where I say my goodbye." Sweet pea and I glance at each other in confusion before I look at fangs too, he gave me the same look. "Jughead, would you step up here, son?" Jughead stood up and went up to stand with his dad.

"Dad, what are you doing?" Jughead asks him.

"What I should've done a long time ago. I'm retiring from the Serpents. For real this time." FP announces and everyone groans.

"Whoa. But my boy... My boy has never stopped fighting for this crew. Hell, he almost died for it. That's why I'm giving you the mantle." I smile before whistling as we all cheered for Jughead, Sweet pea hit Fangs back and he groaned, Sweet pea was amusingly smiling as he tried not to laugh, I shake my head as I Laughed before rubbing Fangs' back softly.

"And now, as your first official duty as Serpent King, I think you know what to do with this." Toni handed FP a red serpent jacket. "Take it." We all cheered again as Jughead looks down at the jacket and smirks.