30

*Tessa pov*

Previously:

"Elizabeth, did you lock the door?"

What the fuck?"

Now:

"Tessa! What are you doing here?" Alice me in panic.

"I forgot," I mumbled as my eyes didn't leave the blood on the floor.

"What, What happened?" Betty asks as she went to step closer but her mum rose her gloved hand.

"No, no, Don't come any closer. Don't Don't touch anything." Alice stammers. "He tried to hurt me and Chic, your brother," Betty had tears running down her face before shakily grabbing her phone out, "No, no, what are you doing?" Alice asks quickly.

"I'm calling the police!" Alice got up straight away.

"No, don't do that. Do not do that!"

"Mom, there's a man on our floor!" Betty states, my eyes glanced over to Chic who was whimpering and shaking before I looked back down at the body.

"If the police come, they're gonna take Chic away from me and I won't let that happen again." Alice said as she looked at me.

"Well it was self-defence right?" I asked Alice.

"Yes, of course, it was." Alice replies as she put the bucket of blood in the sink, "But it won't matter." Alice told us as she tipped it out and then got new water.

"What do we do?" Betty asks in panic.

"Just go to your room, Tessa you can sleep here tonight. You both didn't see anything." Alice said

"Mom, let me help you." Betty offers, Alice looked at me and I shake my head.

"No, honey. It's better if you're not involved." Betty phone rang and we all look at the phone in panic.

"It's Dad." Betty told us.

"Don't answer it."

"What if he came—"

"—Yes, you're right. Answer. Just... Just act like everything is normal." Alice ordered as Betty answered the phone and shakily put it to her ear.

"Hi, Dad, what's up? Oh. Okay, I'll see you in a bit." She hung the phone up and we both look at her.

"Please tell me he's not coming here." I said and Alice looked at me.

"Uh, he needs toiletries. He says he doesn't wanna get in a fight with you, mom." Betty rambles.

"Betty!"

"Mom We don't know how much time we have. Please just let us help you." Alice thought for a moment before nodding.

"Tess, Bleach is under the sink." I nod as I ran to the sink and grabbed the bleach and paper towel out, I gave it to Betty as I tied my hair up and took off my jacket before we all got down on our knees and started cleaning.

🐍🐍🐍

Betty tossed me some clothes to wear, I thanked her before slipping on the pair of jeans and a green hoodie, I must've left them here.