23

*Tessa pov*

"I can't believe you actually got him to come to school," Toni whispered as Fangs was talking to Sweet pea, they laughed and I smile.

"It took a lot of convincing," I said as I fixed my letterman jacket, I cleared my throat before looking at Toni, "and besides, he can't hide forever." I told her and she hums in agreement.

"I guess I owe Sweet pea 20 bucks," she groans and I laughed as she trudges over and slapped the 20 in Sweet peas hand. I felt a hand on my shoulder so I turned around to see Betty.

"Oh, hi?" I smile as she motions me to follow her so I do, we went into a corner and she looked at me.

"I need to talk to you about you," she whispered and I nod my head in signal for her to continue "look, Jughead said you were having trouble sleeping and your anger?" I nod my head.

"What's up Cooper?" I whispered.

"Are you having another relapse?" She questioned and I blink in surprise.

"No, no I'm not," I told her as I pulled my sleeves up, "see? Clean." She looked and then she opened my hands, "I forgot about those." She was just staring, "I balled my hand up that hard when I punched things... that I made them bleed, nothing on purpose okay?"

"Okay... I just wanted to make sure that everything was okay," she told me before we both look at my friends laughing. "Are you okay?" I look back at Betty and nod my head.

"I think I'm gonna go get a coffee, wanna come with me?" I asked her, she nods her head and we left the common lounge.

🐍🐍🐍

"Welcome to the inaugural meeting of the Swords and Serpents Club." Jughead said as I sat on the desk with my feet up and my knees hugged to my chest.

"Which is what, exactly?" Toni asks him.

"Like I told Fogarty to lure him back to dear ol' Riverdale, we are a gaming group. Sanctioned by Mr. Weatherbee, himself. Where like-minded students can meet and concoct world-building, role-playing scenarios, inhabiting fantastical heroes and dispatching mythological creatures." Jughead explains in pure sarcasm even though he was smiling like an idiot, Toni scoffs at him and I snickered.

"No, but really?" Toni and I ask him and he smiles as he got off the desk.

"It's a club, for us. A safe haven where we can be Serpents, during school hours and under everyone's noses. We're not shedding our skins. We're lying low, in the tall grass." Everyone smirked at each other.

"Oh, you decided to join us in wearing the school uniform I see?" I tease with a smile playing on my lips.

"Well, yeah, and I hate it by the way." Jughead told me and I nod my head in agreement.

"Me too, this sucks." I said to him.

"You didn't even have to wear it!" Jughead yells and I laughed.

"I wore it in support of my friends, no serpent stands alone, especially in this fucking ridiculous outfit." I scoffed as everyone laughs.

🐍🐍🐍

Another boring day at school, another five jobs lined up for me to do, I was getting sick of it.

"Jones, got something for me?" I asked as he tossed me a bag and I groaned as I put it on my back. "This is heavier than my depression." I groaned as FP laughs at me.

"Here's the address, come back and you'll get the other four bags, got that?" I nod my head as I put my school bag down and he grabbed it, he put it under his desk and I smiled.