5

*Tessa pov*

I woke to the sound of my phone ringing, the thought of Toni or Fangs ringing me because I was missing school was the only thing I was thinking until I answered the phone after the fifth ring.

"Hello?" I answered groggily as I slowly got off the couch, I was in the clothes I fell asleep in yesterday, I couldn't be stuffed changing into my pjs last night.

"I need you to come down to the hospital! My dad's been shot!" I ran to get my serpent jacket and my keys, I put on my shoes as quickly as I could and tied my hair up.

"On my way!" I hung the phone up and raced out of my trailer to go to the hospital.

🐍🐍🐍

I shoved the doors open and sprinted down the hallway, you might think it's hard in my heels but I do this too much to care about the aching I felt in my feet.

I saw Jughead, Betty, Veronica and Archie covered in his fathers blood other than the familiar blue and gold letterman bomber jacket. Archie was talking to the doctor hopelessly, it was heartbreaking to hear the near death of Fred Andrews.

"I'm here! I'm here!" I shout as I stopped running and hugged Archie straight away, he hugged me back tightly, "Arch, you need to go home, you have blood all over you." I said as I let him go and stepped away, he looked at my clothes, I had his blood too now, I didn't care... I've had blood from others on me before... but they were dead.

"I don't want to leave him," Archie told me and I nod my head.

"I know, Red, but look at you, you have his belongings and you need a good shower," I told him as I noticed the bag with F.A. written messily on it.

"Veronica will go with you, Right Vee?" Betty said and Veronica nodded her head.

"We'll hold the fort down here, please go shower and hey, get Fred some clothes when he gets out. He will get out of here Archie," I told him.

"Archie, try not to worry, your dad is strong, he's a fighter."

"Fred Andrews isn't the one to leave unfinished business behind," I said and Archie nods his head slowly, he's traumatised.

🐍🐍🐍

"I got a little nervous when you said to meet me at the hospital," Tall boy admitted as Jughead and I were standing together.

"I was wondering about when you said the serpents had my back. Does that courtesy extend to a guy who's like my brother, and a man who's like a second father to me?" Jughead asked Tall boy.

"What do you need?" Tall boy asked.

"Fred Andrews, my buddy's dad, was just shot, during a robbery at Pop's, the guy was in a black hood," Jughead told us and I look to Tall boy.

"Serpents don't wear masks," I told Jughead and he looks at me.

"Yeah, I get it, but some of the serpents were working for Fred Andrews when, for reasons of his own, he decided to let them go suddenly... maybe someone took it personally and went rouge." I look at Jughead, he was pinpointing us, "You guys know every hidey-hole in town, someone has to have heard something about what went down at Pop's." jughead said to us.

"Alright, we'll knock some heads, let you know, Tessa, you're with me," I nod my head slowly before hugging Jughead.

"We will find his shooter, Juggy, please believe in us," I whispered in his ear before letting go, he held my wrist and I twinged slightly.

"I know," I smiled at him before he let me go, "I'll call if something happens here."

"Thank you, see you soon, okay?"