14

*Tessa pov*

It's been a few days since the Sugar man was arrested and taken to jail in front of everyone in Southside high. No one really cared though, why should we? He was a creep anyway.

"What now?" Fangs asks me as we walked down the hallway together, I pushed his head down as I ducked under a flying trash can, he looked at me as I swatted some paper off him.

"We don't die from flaming trash cans, where did they even get the lighter fluid?" I asked as Fangs and I went outside to meet up with Sweet pea and Toni.

I hopped into the seat at the picnic bench as we were all outside in the cold once again. People said this end of Riverdale was the colder place because we were the crueler people and when it's hot... it's hell here. We all saw Jughead walk up and I quirk my eyebrow as he sat down.

"Did anyone else remember that it's winter or was it just my Brain being slow or is it because I'm sick and exhausted?" I asked them all.

"Your brain being slow," fangs teases and I shoved him, he shoved me back and I grinned before we started play fighting again.

"Break it up you two!" Sweet pea pulled us apart and we were laughing, he sighs before we sat back down, Fangs flicked me and I flicked him back.

"Oh, you're on fucker!" I shouted as I pounced at him and we started having a flicking war as we beat each other up.

🐍🐍🐍

"So the reason we called you guys in here," Betty started, I look around before sighing.

"My dad's getting out of jail." Jughead announced and I smirked, "of course, you knew that, I don't even know why you agreed to come when you literally knew before I did." I roll my eyes playfully as he laughs at me.

"Jug, that's, That's great." Archie said with a smile.

"Yeah, what heralded this miracle?" Veronica asked.

"Uh, overcrowding at the jail, I guess the judge reviewed my dad's case and after Cheryl's testimony it was a perfect storm." Jughead answered and I nod my head slowly, the only reason he actually got out is because of Penny and I knew he went and did another job for her.

"What do you need from us, Jug? The three of us." Archie asks.

"We have a new lead on the Black Hood case." Jughead told them, I crossed my arms and rose my eyebrow.

"And Jughead and I, we were wondering if you guys would follow up on it for us? We can give you all of the details, the articles." Betty said to us, Archie and Veronica look at each other as I played with my hair with my bored expression plastered on my face.

"It's just that... I have to be there for my dad to help with his re-entry, so..." Jughead explained.

"Uh, yeah and I'm just I'm taking a break from the Black Hood." Betty told them.

"Wait, so, you want us to be you guys?" Veronica asks Jughead and Betty.

"Essentially, yes, you too, Tessa," Jughead mentioned and I shook my head.

"No, no, I can't and you know why, I'll be listening out and giving as much info as I can, but I can't go chasing some moron in a hood... sorry Archie, touchy subject."

"You're fine," Archie told me and I nod.

"Good, because I'm not playing Cat and Mouse with a lunatic, I have to work you know?" I complained.

"Understandable, but you still need to help since you know so much," Betty told me and shrug.

"Fair, I'll be listening out, I'll send messages when something sparks interest, I have to go... see you soon."