6

*Tessa Pov*

I don't know what fire burned though me to keep me on my feet, but something has sent me over the radar. I burst through the prison doors to see Keller perched at the front desk doing fuck all. Jughead and Betty are doing more than him and he's the Sheriff that's supposed to be looking after this god forsaken town.

"Keller, I need to see FP pronto," I told him. Without second thought or hesitation he told the receptionist to buzz me in. I pushed the moving gate and slammed it behind me with force. The Guard looks at me as I went down the top familiar looking hallway.

He went to say something, but I think my radiating anger just shut him up. I walked up to the booth and took the phone off the side as FP sat down on the other side.

"Thought I told you to stop coming to see me?" FP said as he glares softly at me through the thick plastic barrier.

"And I thought I told you to think smarter on deals, to bargain with the lawyers." I snapped back and he rose an eyebrow at me.

"What side of the bed did you wake up on? How's the serpents going without me?" He asks me.

"Haywire, doing your work for you is harder than I thought, lucky Tall Boy has been helping me out since Jughead has your jacket now. They answer to him but they also answer to me because they know I'll get shit done." I answered.

"How is Jughead?" FP asks me and I smile, before I could answer he looked amused, "Tense are we? What's going on with you, Emerald, you're never this frantic," I tapped the table softly with my nails one at a time.

"Jughead is fine, he's actually with Betty as we speak... I think so, anyway, I don't know what I'm supposed to do when it comes to balancing out the serpents while doing school work; along with finding out who shot Mr Andrews." I told him as I glanced around the prison.

"They'll find the asshole, don't you worry," FP assures me and I scoffed.

"Your kid and the Scooby gang is doing better than the lazy-assed police in this disgusting town." I told him, FP chuckles at me and I pursed my lips.

"What else do you know?" FP asks me.

"Archie said about the man wearing a hood... a black hood? The mans got piercing Green eyes as well... Then Jug proceeded to ask Tall Boy and I about the serpents getting angry about Fred letting them go out of thin air... one was loud-mouthing, so, we took care of him."

"How is Juggy handing all of this?" FP questions.

"No idea really, I think he wants to get the shooter as much as we do... also, FP, Pops might be shutting down after Fred's incident." I mentioned, "the Scooby gang are tossing ideas to save it as we speak, but as a serpent I cannot go there due to your work needing to be done in lil ol' Greendale." I said to him as I grip the phone a little tighter.

"You're gonna burn yourself out if you don't slow down, Kiddo." I glance up to meet his eyes before I sighed while leaning my head against the plastic barrier.

"I know, but then I lose focus, I have to do better, I need to do better. I also need to get some things done for my test coming up next week."

"Take it easy, I can see the guilt is burning you from the inside out. Emerald I need you to just let the past go and stop it from killing you in your own sleep... you need to sleep, I can tell you haven't."