19

*Tessa pov*

School was as usual, hell, bins getting thrown, people taking drugs, the smell of burning plastic and the metallic smell of blood from people getting in fights wafted the air. Today though, something felt incredibly off... I wonder if everyone else felt the same way as I did.

I made my way into the Cafeteria, people move out of my way as I walked past and then sat at the serpent table, Sweet pea looked up and I lightly smile at him.

"Hey," I mumbled, he nods his head at me and I sighed, "thanks for not telling Fangs about the accident we went through on our job." Sweet pea sighs.

"How are you after that anyway?" He asks me.

"Uh. I don't really know, I think my wounds healed or are healing," I answered before gulping, "I actually had a motorbike accident the other night before I came to Fangs' trailer for Christmas Eve." I confessed.

"Whoa, what happened?" He asked me.

"My motorbike was tampered with," I stated as he narrowed his eyes at me, "someone undid something in my bike when I did my delivery with Peaches. I don't know who did it, but my bike went haywire and I skidded with it crushing my body to the road." I told him.

"Is that why you don't want to take off your jacket?" I nod my head slowly.

"Later on I went to a warehouse for my other job and well, the Ghoulie didn't think I delivered when I did and beat me senseless for three hours before seeing the crate." Sweet peas jaw clenched.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"Because I was with Tall boy and he disappeared when that happened." I told him.

"That fucker—"

"—sit down, Pea," he sat down with a grunt and I sighed, "it's fine, okay?" He stared at me and I gave him a look.

"Fine, I just don't want you to be hurt, I don't want that for you, I didn't even want you to be in the business of delivering, but you are. I don't like knowing that someone like you is hurt, you're like my sister, Tessa." I was surprised that Sweet pea was talking to me like this.

"Hey, I'm okay, I chose this life and I'm going to live it proudly. We are strength, we are pride and I'll be damned if something goes wrong, I'm fighting." I told him before grinning, "you are the only family I have, you, Fangs and Toni are my family. If someone ever lays a hand on you three... you bet your ass I'm breaking bones." Sweet pea smirks at me.

"You're a real one, Tessa," we clasped hands and grin, "Arm wrestle?" He challenges and I nod my head.

🐍🐍🐍

Jughead, Toni and I sat outside, I was looking over Jughead's shoulder as we read the paper.

"Wow, Jones. Props to you." Toni said as she read it too.

"It's very Lovecraftian, which I'm sure was the intention." I shrug as I blink a few times from my contacts irritating my eyes slightly, I pulled my phone out and messaged fangs to get my glasses for me before putting it away.

"I gotta ask you, did you write this on a typewriter?" Toni asks him.

"I— Yeah. I wanted to get into Lovecraft's headspace." Jughead answered, I felt my phone buzz so I looked at it.

Fangdangle: sure thing sweetheart.

"So, it wasn't like Betty bought you a manual typewriter for Christmas?" I asked him without looking up from my phone.

"or anything weird like that?" Toni finishes for me, I smile at my phone before putting my phone back in my pocket.

"No comment." He blushes and I snorted before the doors were crashed open and everyone coming out was whooping in celebration.