10

*Tessa pov*

"Back in your heels?" Fangs asks as I walked up and sat down in the usual spot, Fangs tuts as he put his hands on my waist and moved me to his lap.

"Yes, yes I am, they're too iconic and I missed them," I replied as we were all there with a smile on our faces as we talked amongst ourselves.

'Tell them, they deserve to know about your mental health.' FP's voice echoed in my head as I laughed and smacked Fangs softly.

🐍🐍🐍

It was after school now, I was walking down the road alone for some fresh air when Sweet pea pulled up, "you, get on," he ordered and I rose an eyebrow.

"Don't boss me around and don't push me, Pea," I growled and he sighs.

"Please, get on," he said as kind as he could make himself.

"That's more like it," I told him as I got on the back of his bike and hugged him from behind, he nods his head and we all took off.

🐍🐍🐍

"What the hell are we doing at Archie's house?" I asked as we walked up to his house and the door swung open.

"How stupid are you Northsiders? You really think you can come to my house, stick a gun in my face in front of my boys, and there wouldn't be any payback?" I just shut my eyes and pushed to the front.

"Do we have to do this? Now?" I asked through gritted teeth but he ignored me as Reggie appeared.

"You have crap timing, bro. Bulldogs eat Serpents for lunch." Reggie's eyes flickered down and I felt my eyes blurring up with tears.

"We'll see about that. And the more, the merrier." Sweet pea grins.

"Hey, chill. Veronica, stay here." Archie said as we both push Sweet pea back.

"What are you doing, Emerald?" Sweet pea hissed and I shake my head.

"What? Archie—"

"—no Veronica, after my dad, I made a promise to protect him and this house.
You stay here." Archie turned to Sweet pea, "If you wanna fight, we'll fight."

"Tess? You're a serpent?" Reggie asks me with a hint of disgust.

"I have been since I was 9," I look at Archie and he frowns at me, "I'm sorry I can't do this, can you let me in?" I asked Archie and he moved out of the way, I look at Sweet pea.

"Emerald what the hell is wrong with you?" Sweet pea snaps and I simply shake my head at him as tears fell down my face. His eyes widened slightly, he's never seen me cry.

"I'm sorry, I can't, we'll talk later," I told him as I walked in and saw Veronica, she opened her arms and I hugged her. She hugged me back as she rubbed my back.

"What about your gun, Andrews?"

"What about your knife?"

"How about no weapons? If you troglodytes insist on doing this, there are gonna be rules. Or should I call Sheriff Keller to be referee?" Veronica said as she hugged me tightly to her side. They all agreed and they were leaving until Reggie stops and looked at me.

"Tess..." Veronica looked at me before letting me go, I look at Reggie and I opened my arms he looked disgusted.

"Please?" I ask and he stares at me as tears rolled down my cheeks, Reggie's reputation falters before sighing in defeat as he walked over and hugged me, "I missed you, I missed everyone and I'm so sorry, I'm so, so sorry, Reggie! I really can't do this!" I cried as he hugged me.