26

*Tessa pov* (St. Pickens Day)

"Please!" I begged as I wrapped my new bandage over my thigh, my wound was healing, but it still sucked to walk on.

"You honestly think you can walk? You think you can really do this?" Jughead argues with me as we were in my bathroom.

"Yes! I can walk, I can jog and I can run! Stop barricading me in my own trailer! You won't even let me go to school, Jughead!" I heard footsteps and I look at the door as Sweet pea crossed his arms and looked at us.

"Shut up, the pair of you, please," he snaps, "you've been fighting all morning about whether or not she can come to St. Pickens day, the answer is yes, you can because we are supporting Toni." I held my hand out and Sweet pea pulls me up carefully.

"Thank you!" I point to Sweet pea and stare at Jughead, "he knows what's up, thank you, Sweet pea." Sweet pea smirks at Jughead and he scoffed.

"Let's go," I nod as I grabbed my jacket and slipped it on, it sent chills down my spine but I shook it off and walked out of the bathroom.

🐍🐍🐍

We duct taped our mouths and grabbed a sign as the speeches started about Pickens day. I handed Toni the megaphone and she thanks me before she turns it on and I signal for everyone to follow Toni.

"We're here representing the dead and the silenced." I ripped off my duct tape and Toni handed me the megaphone.

"Pickens Day is a lie!" I handed it back as I taped my mouth again as I held the sign in my hands.

"General Pickens slaughtered the Uktena tribe, my grandfather's family. And this land, the land that we're standing on, the land that will soon give way to a new Southside, was stolen from them. And we can't bring them back, but we can and we must honor them." Toni said as everyone murmured before Hiram got up and awkwardly laughed.

"Hey, folks, hi." He glanced at Toni and I before clearing his throat, "Uh I think we can all be proud to live in a Riverdale where young people stand up for justice. Where these two young women can defend the honor and legacy of their land and her grandfather. And where we can celebrate the living legacy of the Uktena, who contribute to the rich tapestry that is Riverdale, that is the Southside and that will be SoDale. So let's hear a round of applause for that, am I right?" Everyone claps and we glanced at each other. "That's right. What do you say, people?" Jughead ripped off the duct tape and went to storm up to Hiram until Toni's grandfather yanked him back.

"No." He pats Jugheads back as Jughead glared at Hiram, oh boy.

🐍🐍🐍

Toni and I were walking down the street alone together, my hands were in my pockets and she did the same.

"Hiram brought their silence," I told her as I suddenly stop, she stops too and looked at me, "what he did for his speech? He told them all to shut up, I read between the lines..." she frowns at me.

"Look, we did what we had to do, we did the best we could, but they listened! At least they heard us." She said and I smile.

"Hey, hows your girlfriend going by the way?" I teased as she shoves me playfully.

"Cheryl isn't my girlfriend! How's your boyfriend?" Toni teases back and I scoffed.

"Sure she isn't, I don't have a boyfriend thank you," I told her.

"Right, right so Fangs isn't your boyfriend yet?" She asks me and I shake my head.

"No? We're just friends, we've been over this!" We both laugh as we started walking again.