3 // Secret Show

"You're lying!" Jess gasps into her phone.

"Like I said, I don't know if it was him for sure," I roll my eyes, "but I thought I'd let you know in case you want to add it to your list of 'signs.'"

Jess had called me to ask how the flight went and make sure I got to my hotel safely. Even though she could be a bit bitchy and little annoying sometimes, she was still a really good friend. I took her phone call as an opportunity to tell her about the cafe.

"Do you think that's what he meant when he talked about the Beachwood Cafe in Falling?"

"No," I shook my head vigorously as I walked around the room while talking to her. "There's an actual cafe in California called The Beachwood Cafe that Harry and Camille supposedly used to go to."

"Oh my God, we need to go!" She squealed.

"Yeah, just let me pack up everything and fly from London to California real quick," I say sarcastically.

"Okay great!" She says in all seriousness.

"Jess, I was kidding." I roll my eyes at her stupidity.

"Well I wasn't," She argues. "Once you get home, we're going to California to drink coffee at the Beachwood Cafe."

"Okay, Jess." I giggle. "Well I better let you go, it's getting pretty late."

That was a total lie. It was only 4 PM. But since it was almost 10 AM where she was, (and the fact that she didn't know time zones very well), she would never know the difference.

"Okay," She said sadly. "I love you babe."

"Love you too," I said, smiling into the phone.

"Have lots of fun with your fam tomorrow and call me immediately if anything interesting happens," She demands.

"Okay," I chuckle, "bye Jess."

"Bye Lil."

We hung up the phone and I plopped down onto the bed, letting out a loud and exaggerated sigh. I honestly can't wrap my head around Jess's thoughts. Like, she truly believes that I will somehow just happen to run into Harry Styles (of all people) in the streets of London. I don't get it. How could she possibly be so delusional?

The repetitive vibration of my phone tickles my back, causing me to sit up and look at it. My older sister, Emily, was calling me.

"Hello?" I answered the phone call.

"Hey, are you at the hotel?" She asked, hints of joy in her voice.

"Uh, yeah," I said, standing up from the bed, "I got here a few hours ago."

"Oh right. I forgot your plane landed at like 6 AM," She said. "Anyways, Matt and I just landed and mom said she wanted to go to dinner all together tonight. Are you going?"

"She didn't say anything about it to me," I furrowed my eyebrows, "but I guess if everyone else is going, I might as well."

"She didn't say anything to you? Weird." She hummed. "Okay, well if you're going then we can get a car together if you'd like."

"Yeah, that sounds good." I nodded. "What time are you thinking?"

"Well, dinner's at like 6:30 I think, so maybe around 6 or so," She said suggestively.

"Okay just let me know."

"Okay, love you," She said.

"Love you too, E." I smiled to myself before hanging up the phone.

* * *

A very short hour and a half later, there was a knock on my hotel room door. With a slight skip of joy, I make my way over to the door and open it revealing my gorgeous sister standing on the other side.

We both squeal as we lean forward and wrap our arms around each other. After we pull away, her arms rest on the tops of my forearms.

"Lili!" She practically yells.

"Em!" I yell back.

"It's been so long," Her smile gleams from ear to ear, "and you look...amazing!"

My cheeks heat up at her words and my own smile widens.

"So do you!" I return her compliment, causing her to giggle. After a short pause, she speaks up again.

"Are you ready to go?" She gestures over her shoulder.

"Uh, yeah, let me just grab my bag," I say before walking over to the chair I had set my purse on after getting coffee this morning.

As I walk back over to my sister, I grab the hotel keycard off the table right next to the door. I would hate to forget that. Once I reach the door frame, I grab the doorknob and close the door behind Emily and me.

We walk down the long hallway together to the elevator.

"How have you been?" Emily asks as the elevator doors close.

"I've been really good," I say as enthusiastically as possible. I hate dry conversations. They're undeniably dreadful.

"Hey, are you still obsessed with that one guy from that band?" She finally turns to me instead of staring straight ahead at the metal doors. "One Direction, right?"

"I wouldn't really say I'm obsessed anymore," I say sheepishly, laughing, "but yeah I still listen to his music and stuff. Why?"

"Well Matt was telling me that he's performing at a secret location later this week and he told me to ask if you were going," She explains as we step out of the elevator.

"Yeah I heard about that," I say as we pass the front desk. "But I didn't get tickets. I'm pretty sure it's sold out."

"I think it is sold out," She frowned. "But did you want to go?"

"I mean, yeah I almost bought tickets, but I didn't want to interrupt 'family time.'"

"Oh that's sweet of you," She smiled simply.

* * *

The hostess seated Emily and me where the rest of our family was sitting. I gave everyone a kiss on the cheek, (it was the way our grandmother taught us to greet each other when we were really young, so we just did it as an instinct), and took a seat next to my mom. I was the only child left without a spouse, so sometimes I felt very out of place without someone to sit next to at family dinners.

"Alright everyone," Emily's husband, Matt, spoke up, quieting everyone at the table, "if we could all take a moment, we have an early Christmas present for Liliana."

My eyes widen as I look around awkwardly to see everyone's eyes on me as they smiled.

"Um okay?" I say as he hands me an envelope, and with his approval, I begin opening it.

"Okay," Emily said as I pulled a paper out of the envelope, smiling like a maniac now, "remember when I said 'Matt told me to ask if you were going?' What I really meant to say was, 'we talked to Jess and know you haven't gotten any so we bought you tickets.'"

I stopped in my tracks and my jaw dropped once I unfolded the paper.

"You're joking," I said.

"Nope," She giggled, "they're pit too."

"I swear to God if you're all playing a prank on me I will murder you!" I warned.

"I swear on Grandma's grave," She crossed her heart. "This is your gift from all of us. We would've waited until Christmas to give them to you, but the show's on the 19th."

"Oh my god, thank you!" I squealed like my 12-year-old self.

Seeing Harry Styles? In London?

Best. Christmas. Present. Ever.

* * *