7 // Let's Go To Lunch

a/n : i'm scared someone will say something so i'm just going to say it now, yes i'm aware this is a harry fanfiction and he's only been mentioned a few times and it's already the 7th chapter! give it time. also, these are actually 1/3 the size of the chapters i do on my other story and i did that so i can get updates up more often.

if you prefer triple longer chapters but slower updates, let me know. otherwise, this is how it'll be.

* * *
It's day 2 of London. And boy would I be excited to see my mother after what she said to me yesterday at the museum, but luckily for me, today is one of our off days. We can just do whatever we want and I already had an idea of what I was wanting to do today.

I woke up at 8:45 AM sharp, wanting to get an early start to my day. Well, earlyish. I went down to the hotel gym and did a quick workout (which was treacherous but you do what you gotta do) then came back up to my room and showered. I blow-dried my hair and gave my medium length hair very big and loose curls that made my hair look put together, but not too done up. I threw on some simple makeup so I looked less like The Corpse Bride and I was good to go.

Outfit. What was I gonna wear? After searching through my suitcase for about 15 minutes straight trying to decide, I settled on a white long-sleeved mock neck shirt along with a pair of jeans that had one hole on the right knee. Then I paired it with a pair of plain white sneakers. It was simple but cute.

I left my hotel room and headed down to the lobby. In the elevator, I smoothed out my clothes and mentally prepared myself for what was next to come. As the doors opened, I took a deep and encouraging breath before stepping out. My eyes wandered around the room before landing on the dark-haired boy behind the front desk. I walk up to the desk and ring the bell. His head snaps up and his eyes light up when they land on mine.

"Liliana," He breathes out, a smile appearing over his lips.

Lili, I correct him mentally.

"Hi Noah," I smile also, "I have a question for you."

"And I have an answer," He replies cheekily.

"What time is your lunch break?" I ask.

"Noon," He says firmly, "And it lasts for an hour."

"An hour?" My eyes widen, "That's a long break."

"I only get one so it's longer than usual."

"Oh, I see," I look down at a pen on the desk, "Anyways, I was thinking maybe I could take you up on that offer and see if you wanted to lunch. I discovered that cafe that's just down the street that we could go to."

"You mean Anna's?" He asked and I nodded. "I love that place."

"So far, I've only tried the coffee there, but I love it!" I gushed, looking up at him to see him staring at me.

"I'd love to go to lunch," He smiles that dimply smile again. "But as for my offer, I was thinking of dinner. Like an official date."

My cheeks warmed. "Okay, that sounds good."

"So I'll see you at noon?" He asks, his smile widening.

"Yeah," I chuckle awkwardly, "see you at noon."

And with that, I walked away and back up to the hotel room to figure out what to do for the next hour and a half until my lunch date with Noah. Maybe I could call and check up on Jess.

* * *

It was finally 11:57. It was the absolute longest hour and a half of my entire life, but it finally came and I couldn't have been more excited. I brushed through my hair one last time before checking my outfit in the mirror. I had added a few gold pieces of jewelry along with a long fleece coat and my white bag I love way too much.

"You got this," I tell my reflection, "it's just going for lunch. Nothing more."

I left the hotel room and went to the lobby where Noah was sitting on the couches by the door. He changed out of his uniform.

"Hey stranger," I said as I approached him, making him look up. He smiled. I would never ever get over his smile.

"Ready to go?" He asks.

"Yes sir," I nod, "I see you changed."

"Yeah, I didn't want to be in my uniform while you're dressed like a supermodel," He scrunched his nose, "Then I'd feel bad."

"Supermodel?" I ask as he holds the door open for me.

"I mean, I would say princess but that's too cheesy," He told me.

"It's not too cheesy."

"Well, then you look like a princess, Liliana."

I chuckled at his charming comment as we walked down the freezing sidewalk.

"So how long are you staying here?" He asks.

"I leave the night after Christmas," I tell him, "My parents are spending their anniversary here and wanted to take the whole family on the trip with them."

"And they chose London?"

"That's what I said!" I exclaimed happy someone else felt the same way I did. He chuckles in response.

"But how are you enjoying the trip so far?" He looks at me like he was genuinely interested.

"You know, it hasn't been too bad," I say 100% honestly, "I've only been here for a couple of days, but it's beautiful here. A change of scenery is always nice."

"You're telling me," He sighs, "I've never been further than Manchester."

"Really?" My eyes widen. "I'd expected you to be a traveler."

"I'd like to be," He admits, "But I'm more of a dreamer I guess."

"Where do you want to travel to?" I ask him.

"I've always wanted to go to the states, but other than that maybe Australia or Japan," He says as we approach the cafe, "The cultures are so different everywhere and I think that's what interests me the most."

Noah opens the door for me as we step inside Anna's.

"Those places sound amazing!" I smile. "Other than the states of course."

"What's it like there?" He asks dreamily as we step behind an old man in line.

"Not too interesting," I say truthfully, "at least where I live it's not interesting. There are mountains galore, but not much other than that."

"And pot shops, right?"

"And pot shops," I confirm, giggling.

"You know, sometimes I think about faking my death and moving to the states," he jokes with a laugh, causing me to chuckle. "But I don't think I'll ever be insane enough to do that."

"Yeah, that would be a pretty ballsy thing to do," I agree with a nod.

The man in front of us finishes his order and steps aside, so we walk up.

"I'll have the cheeseburger meal with a side of chips and a Sprite, and she'll have the..." Noah turns to me and whispers, "What would you like?"

"I'll have the BLT sandwich meal with a Coke," I order for myself.

"Okay, that'll be £9.28," She smiles.

I reach into my purse to grab my wallet before Noah grabs my wrist, stopping my movements. I look up at him.

"I got it," He chuckled before inserting his card.

"Really?" I look at him dreamily as he punches his pin into the keypad.

"Love, it's only £9. I may work at a hotel, but I'm not not going to make you pay for your lunch," He says.

"I'm just not used to guys paying for a date," I say sheepishly, looking down at the ground.

"Well, that's absolute bullshit," He mutters as he puts his card back into his wallet before shoving it into his back pocket.

"Thank you," I thank him for the meal as we walk to a table by a window to sit down and eat.

* * *
a/n : how are you liking the story so far? :)