36 // Why Not?

a/n: i got really stuck on this chapter, so i apologize if it's not the best :))

* * *

"Honey, I'm home!" I chime jokingly, entering my home through the door leading to the garage.

Literally, less than two seconds later, Jess is launching herself toward me, wrapping her arms around me so tight I couldn't breathe.

"You made it home!" She says excitedly, resting her head on my shoulder. When she pulled away, her face beamed brightly with joy. "You have no idea how worried I was about you two."

"Well, here we are," I say, chuckling at Jess's mother-like attitude.

"I'm gonna go take a quick shower if that's alright with you," Harry says quietly.

"Yeah, go right ahead," I permit him, even though I shouldn't have to.

"Soo," Jess chimes as soon as he disappeared up the stairs to clean himself up. She pulls me away from the garage door by the wrist to the couch where I sit down with her. "How was your little getaway?"

"It was...good," I shrug, "for the most part."

"Anything interesting happen?" She hints, nudging my bicep with her shoulder.

"Not really," I lie, giggling.

"Don't lie to me, Lili!" She warns.

"I'm not!" I lie again, still giggling.

"You're laughing," she glares, "you laugh when you lie."

"I'm laughing because you make everything so awkward."

"You're such a liar." She rolls her eyes and stands up, walking over to the door that leads to the garage.

She snatches up my purse that I had just barely set on the table near the door. After rummaging through it for a few seconds, she looks up at me, giving me an accusing look.

"Where's the condom?" she asks suspiciously.

My face turned beet red, as I completely forgot she was the one who put it in there in the first place.

"What condom?"

"You've got a lying problem," she says, tossing my purse back onto the table.

"Sorry," I mumble under breath, rubbing my sweaty palms against my jeans.

"Anyways," she continues, returning to sit next to me, "You better start getting ready."

"Why?"

"Because," she says enthusiastically, "we're going out tonight."

"We are?" I raise an eyebrow. "I was unaware of this."

"Well now you're aware," she says, scooting closer to me, "I'll bring Jack and you'll bring your little boy toy and we'll go on a double date."

"Okay, first of all, don't ever call him that again," I say defensively, holding my index finger up.

"Wow, look at you getting all defensive over your boyfriend." She winks.

"He's not my boyfriend," I say bluntly, staring her down.

"He will be eventually," she argues, "I'll make sure of it."

I rolled my eyes. I'd gotten home less than 10 minutes ago and she was already talking my ear off about Harry and I's relationship.

I already had to explain how I want to move slow to him, and now I have to explain it to her too?!