57 // Return From The Upside Down

a/n: 😈😈
* * *

Harry snores softly next to me as I scroll through Instagram on my phone. It was so crazy for me to see thousands of follow requests. I mean, I'm sure they've seen my pictures with Harry on fan accounts and now they're probably requesting to follow me to, one, see if I have any more pictures of the two of us on my account, or two, DM me and ask what he smelled like.

I went through a few of them, neither accepting or declining any of them. They all appeared to be fans of Harry, having "TPWK" in their bios or "Gucci" and/or "styles" somewhere in their username.

I wonder if I should maybe make my account public...and maybe make a separate account for my family and close friends.

Just as I contemplate my decisions in my head, my phone buzzes in my hands, snatching my attention away. I look at the top of my screen to see a name I hadn't expected to see, and, if I'm totally honest, a person I forgot existed since I left London.

Izzy: Hey Lili!! I haven't heard from you since the concert!! How have you been?!

A bright smile was brought to my face as memories of her and I screaming the lyrics to Watermelon Sugar against the barricade at Harry's show flood through my mind. Without even a second of hesitation, I click on the notification, bringing me to the messages app. I quickly tap out a reply, my smile never leaving my face.

Lili: Omg hi!!! I'm so sorry I didn't text you back right away, I completely forgot! But I've been doing very well!! How have you been?

Within the amount of time it took me to switch back to the Instagram app, she had already sent me a reply.

Izzy: I've been good. You never told me how things ended up going with Harry...I saw you went backstage after the show!

Lili: That's really funny you ask actually. Turns out the VIP pass did mean that I could go backstage...so I did and me and Harry really seemed to get along.

Izzy: That's it?? No fanfiction material?

I snicker quietly to myself, careful to not wake Harry up. But I thought what she said was funny...and quite ironic, honestly.

Lili: Well, if you can promise to keep a secret, then I can tell you the rest.

Izzy: Cross my heart

I tap out a reply, explaining how I was quite literally in Anguilla with Harry right now and how he was asleep next to me. I didn't feel guilty about telling her or anything. Even though I have met her one time, she felt trustworthy.

Harry stirs in his sleep rolling off his back and onto his side to face me. Slowly, his eyes flutter open to meet mine.

"Good morning," he says, his voice almost a whisper. Just like yesterday morning, he didn't have his normal morning voice I loved so much. Instead, he sounded sick. Like, really sick.

"Morning?" I raise my eyebrows, chuckling softly. I knew the time was much closer to the afternoon than it was to the morning.

The smile from the joy I felt talking to Izzy didn't stray away from my face.

"What are you all smiley about?" he asks, the audibility of his voice cutting in and out. He shuts one of his eyes, the light flooding in from the windows probably too much for his tired eyes.

"I'm just talking to this really sweet girl I met in London," I tell him, "at your show, actually."

"That's something that's so cool to me," he says, eyes still closed. "People become friends from bonding over me. It's a kind of weird thing to bond over, but it's still really cool."