33 // Arrogant Son of a Bitch

I showed Harry around Steamboat Springs. I remember coming here one year when I was younger because Eleanor had a soccer tournament. There's an ice cream shop in this small town that sells some of the best ice cream you've ever tried. But with it already being below freezing outside, I figured we should skip that and move on to something else.

Currently, he and I stood in the gift shop, laughing at a pair of weed socks.

"Should I buy them?" Harry asks, looking over at me. His face was glowing, even in the poor and dull lighting of the small shop.

"If you'd like," I say, laughing.

He looks them over for a second before slipping them off the hook. "I like them."

He was going to buy them. I shook my head and walked over to the wall of hoodies and t-shirts, all with 'Steamboat Springs' printed across the front of them. Harry is soon stepping to my side, looking up at the merchandise as well.

"We should get matching t-shirts," he suggests, stepping closer to me.

"Really?" I laugh, looking up at him. He nods vigorously, his dimples on display. "Alright. Let's pick one out then."

We looked over the options for a few moments, even moving around the store a bit. I didn't see any that I would actually want to buy, and I don't think Harry did either. I honestly was getting frustrated, because he seemed pretty excited about getting matching shirts.

"Hey ba-" Harry called from across the shop before stopping himself. He clears his throat before retrying the sentence. "Lili, come here. I think I found one."

I make my way over to him, only to be stopped once I see what tee he had picked out.

"Harry," I say in a disappointed tone, rolling my eyes and shaking my head playfully.

"What?" He laughs as if there wasn't anything wrong with the t-shirts he had picked out.

"You really want to walk around wearing a shirt with a giant weed leaf on it?" I ask, giggling slightly.

"Yeah, why not?" He asks, shrugging. He takes one off the rack and hands the hanger to me.

"You sure seem to say that a lot," I point out, looking over the ridiculous shirt.

"I do," he agrees. "But only because that's how I'm trying to live my life right now. I just don't want any regrets, you know?"

"Yeah, must be nice," I say, raising my eyebrows and looking down at the ground.

"Hey, hey," Harry says in a soft voice, "why are you being so negative?"

"I don't know," I say, not daring to make eye contact with him, "I just have a lot of regrets I guess."

"Well there are some things you just need to let go of," he states, gently taking ahold of my hand and giving in a comforting squeeze. "The past is the past, and you can't change it. If you were to go back and change it, you wouldn't be exactly where you are now. And aren't you proud of how far you've come?"

"I mean, yeah I guess." I shrug. "But I feel like that's so easy for you to say. You've done and accomplished all these amazing things all while helping so many people, and you're only 25!"

"Just because I'm successful in that way doesn't mean you're any less successful than I am in what you're doing," he says. "You can afford to put a roof of you and Jess's heads as well as provide food for yourself. I think that's all success really is. The rest of the materialistic stuff is just extra fluff."

"Harry," I say, finally looking up at him, he hums in response, "Do you think you'd be a different person if you didn't have everything you do right now?"