50 // Snow White

"Harry!" A jolly, British voice chimes as I stare out at the turquoise water, a gentle breeze blowing my hair around.

As I turn my head, Harry stands up from where he sat in the chair next to mine. His arms extend out before embracing another person. James' head pops up over Harry's shoulder, a bright smile appeared on his face, lighting up every one of his features. But that smile was only to get even more powerful once his eyes landed on me.

James and Harry pull away and as Harry goes to hug James' wife, Jules, the chubby British man focuses all his attention on me.

"And you must be Lili," the man I've watched on the television for years says to me. It was surreal to talk to him, but then again, I came here with Harry Styles so this entire situation already felt like a dream. One I never wanted to wake up from.

"In the flesh," I say, feeling a warm sensation flooding my cheeks.

I'd expected James to be very professional, giving me a simple nod of his head or maybe even a handshake if I was lucky. But no. Instead, he opened his arms, gesturing that he wanted me to hug him.

I was slightly caught off guard by this action, so I—very awkwardly—gave him a quick hug, one much less passionate than the one he and Harry shared.

I felt bad for making things so awkward. I'm sure James is just a hugger who's used to greeting people this way. I mean, to be fair, I greet my family members with a kiss on the cheek.

"James, don't torture the poor girl," James' wife speaks up like him and I pull away. On her hip sat a small, blonde little girl, only about two years old or so. She handed her off to Harry, who was more than happy to take the child off her hands.

James chuckles and looks over at his wife, who was now walking toward me.

"Julia," she introduces herself with a smile, even though she was probably well aware I knew exactly who she was. She extends her arm forward, gesturing for a handshake.

"Lili," I say, grabbing her hand and giving it a firm shake.

As Julia and I meet, Harry chats with the other kids, crouching down so he could talk to them at their small heights. I smile fondly at the sight and how incredible he was with them. It's like he can bond with literally anyone, no matter their age.

"So, how was the first night in the house?" James asks, the question directed toward both Harry and I. A smirk plays across his lips as he asks, implying something.

Harry's eyes widen and his eyebrows raise as he stands up from catching up with the children.

"It was, uh, it was good," he stammers, walking to join the rest of us under the shade of the umbrella that was planted right through the center of the table.

"I bet," James replies, nodding as his eyebrows wiggle just the slightest bit. Harry clears his throat, using the knuckle of his index finger to swipe at the tip of his nose.

"Sorry if I'm intruding at all," I suddenly felt the need to say to James and Jules.

They both look surprised as if neither of them expected me to apologize. Or that the apology wasn't needed.

"Oh, no worries." James shrugs. "I texted Harry about coming along and the first thing he responds with is 'There's this amaz-'"

"James," Harry cuts him off mid-sentence, his word sounding more like a cough than anything honestly. His cheeks had a tint of pink to them; but we've also been sitting out on the beach for the past couple hours, drinking lemonade and talking about our favorite parts of summer.