34 // Steamboat Springs: One Night Only

a/n: no smut 😁😁😁

* * *

As we check into our hotel room, my phone buzzes in my pocket. I quickly retrieve it, seeing I had just received a text message from Jess.

Jess: Okay, so tbh I had a feeling (and was kinda hoping) something like this was going to happen, so I may or may not have slipped a little something into your purse.

Jess: You can only use it once, so use it wisely ;)

Curiously, I opened the small bag I had by my side, searching through it. Harry achieved the room keycard from the lady who worked here at the hotel, just as I found what Jess had slipped in there.

"You ready to go?" Harry asks, and I quickly shove the foil pack back into my purse before he could get the chance to see what it was.

"Yeah," I say, nodding.

Harry and I walk away from the counter and to the elevator to make our way to our room.

* * *

"I really wish we were given a little bit of notice of this storm. Then we could've at least packed," Harry complains, emerging from the hotel room bathroom.

"To be fair, this wasn't exactly a planned trip," I say, not glancing up from my phone.

"Don't get too excited about staying with me," Harry says, obviously annoying with my lack of interest in everything besides my phone.

He reaches his for the hem of his shirt and I immediately look up for my phone for the first time in the past (at least) half hour.

"W-what are you doing?" I mumble as he lifts his shirt over his head, throwing it onto the floor. I felt my heartbeat speed up inside my chest.

"Getting in the shower," he says, gesturing to the bathroom, "Just because my clothes are slightly dirty doesn't mean I have to be."

I nodded nervously, looking back down at my phone. The bathroom door shut soon after and then the shower was turned on.

Okay so maybe that wasn't the only thing that was turned on. Though I hated to admit it, Harry taking his shirt off—especially from the bottom and pulling it up over his head—was insanely hot. The way the butterfly tattooed on his stomach sent butterflies swarming in my stomach drove me mad.

Harry wasn't in the shower for very long until I heard the faucet come to a stop. I swear to God if he came out here naked, all would be over for me.

But, of course, with my luck, Harry came back out wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around his wet body. Never in my life would I have ever expected to be presented with a freshly showered Harry Styles, the only thing covering his fully naked body being a thin piece of fabric.

The room had gotten hot. So while Harry was in the shower, I had taken off my sweater, leaving me in my white cami tank top I had worn under it. I didn't think it would be a big deal.

Boy, was I wrong.

I lifted myself up off the hotel bed and made my way over to the A/C unit to turn the air up a bit. It may be December and there may be a giant storm rolling through, but I think the hotel may have turned the heaters up a tad bit too high.

I stare down at the control knobs, trying to figure out how to turn the heat down a bit. I had just got the hang of it and was turning the knob down when I felt a presence behind me. And soon enough, fingertips were tracing up my left arm, goosebumps trailing closely behind their tracks. I tried to ignore it, but then I felt Harry's warm breath blowing softly against the back of my neck as he breathed, as he stood close behind me. My knees felt limp and I felt my breathing becoming heavier.