30 // Elvis Presley's Greatest Hits

After finishing two whole pizzas, the group was tuckered out and sprawled across the sectional sofa in the living room. We all sat close together watching Lifetime movies. About midway through our second or third movie, Jess and Jackson stand up, stretching out their arms.

"I think we're going to head off to bed," Jess declares, her long dark brown hair a tangled mess from being squished so close against Jackson.

"Wait," I say, grabbing ahold of her arm as she prepares to walk away, "Harry's supposed to sleep in your bed tonight."

"Jackson and I are sleeping in my bed," Jess argues, shrugging.

"Well if you and Jackson sleep in your bed, then where's Harry gonna sleep?" I ask, even though I knew what the answer was. I just didn't want to face reality.

"You have a bed," she says, laughing slightly.

"I can always sleep out here on the couch," Harry adds in suggestively.

"No, I can't let you do that," I tell him, shaking my head vigorously.

"Oh, it'll be no problem," he says, "I sleep on the couch often when I stay over and friends' houses. I don't suppose this should be any different."

I was not going to let him sleep out here on the couch. Never in million years would I do that to someone, especially Harry.

"You know what, it's fine. You sleep in my bed and I'll sleep out here."

"Lili, it's your house, you should be allowed to sleep in your own bed," Harry insists, looking at me worriedly.

"No, no. You're the guest. I invited you here, so I expect you have the nicest stay possible," I continue to argue with him.

"Oh, for God's sake!" Jess says loudly, rolling her eyes at Harry and I's bickering. "Can you two just please end all this sexual tension you have and sleep in the same goddamned bed?"

Harry and I quickly snapped our mouths shut, both embarrassed by Jess's call-out. Jackson snickered from the other side of the room where he stopped on his path to Jess's bedroom to eavesdrop.

"Look, my bedroom is on the other side of the hall if you guys are worried about me hearing you. Sleep in the same bed tonight, and tomorrow morning if I need to come in for some reason, I'll make sure to knock," Jess continues. "So can you please just get over this weirdness and just sleep together?"

We already have, I say in my head.

"I don't think that'll be necessary," I laugh nervously. Harry stays silent next to me, now watching Jess and I argue back and forth. "I will be just fine sleeping out here. I just need to go grab a blanket and pillow."

I attempt to stand up to run upstairs and grab my sleepwear. Just as I was about halfway up, Harry places his hand gently on my thigh making my mind turn to mush.

"It's alright darling," he says in a low and exceptionally soothing voice, causing me to instantly sit down. "Maybe us sleeping your bed together wouldn't be such a bad thing."

What?!

"See, Lils?" Jess says as she gestures to Harry with her hand, "Even Harry's on the same page."

"Are you sure?" I ask quietly, truly concerned about his own comfort.

The corner of his mouth turns up in a smirk. "Positive."

"Great," Jess clasps her hands together, "if the plan is set, then I'm going to bed and you two can figure the rest out."

She quickly skips away, joining hands with Jackson as they leave the room to make sure I wouldn't be able to protest anymore.