26 // We Do

a/n : here's a short ish chapter :/
the majority of you said you like longer chapters but some of you were also freaking out for an update . so here it is::

* * *
"Are you sure miss?" Abdul asks, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"I'm positive," I lied. I was not positive. I wasn't sure about any of this. Is this the right thing to do?

"Alright," he sighs, flipping on his blinker and switching lanes, preparing the car to make a u-turn.

My palms began to sweat as my body was forced to my right as the car turned around. What was I even doing?

Harry's music still played through the speakers of Abdul's silver Sonata, now playing Canyon Moon. I felt my phone buzz again in my lap from where I had last set it. I quickly pick it up to glance at my most recent message. It was from Jess again.

Jess: On my way to the airport!!! Can't wait to see you! Text me before you board your flight!

I tapped out a reply before setting my phone back down in my lap and focusing my attention on the passing buildings outside the window.

"What'd you forget?" Abdul asks curiously, trying to make conversation.

"My pride," I mumble. Even with me being quiet, he heard me and let out a chuckle, adjusting his grip on the steering wheel as we neared the hotel.

What was I going to say when I got there? I wasn't even sure why I was turning back. And to add to my worries, there was a pretty damn good chance he had left by now. There was no reason for him to stick around, so why would he?

Abdul pulled over at the crib in front of the hotel for his second time today. I was sitting on the side opposite the sidewalk, so I scooted all the way over to the door, placing my hand on the handle. I couldn't help but pause.

"You alright?" Abdul asks.

I stared down at my hand, not daring to look out the window, even though I still wasn't sure he would be standing there.

"I don't know," I told him truthfully. "Is he still out there?"

Abdul leans to the side to look out the passenger window. When he didn't say anything, that's when I began to freak out internally. I didn't even need to look to know what had happened.

He left. He was gone.

With a sigh of disappointment, I finally lifted my head to look out the window. To my surprise, I was faced with a muscular torso standing right in front of the car door. My eyes traveled up to see a shiny pearl necklace, structured jawline, plump limps shadowed with the stubble of an unshaven mustache, and finally bright green eyes.

A smile of relief ghosted over my lips as I realized my speculations from before were wrong. He hadn't left yet. Thank God.

I opened the backseat door, causing Harry to step back, almost tripping over his own feet. I shut it behind me, running over and wrapping my arms around his neck, bringing him into a hug. With absolutely no hesitation whatsoever, he snaked his hands around my waist, stopping at my back. He held me tight and hugged me quickly, almost as if it was an instinct. This wasn't a side hug I would've gotten when we very first met the night of the concert. This was a true hug, one he'd give to his sister or his very best friends after not seeing them in a long time; someone he loved.

"You came back," he whispers happily into my hair. We loosen our arms and pull away, but don't let go quite yet.

"You stayed," I say in the same tone, smiling as I look up at him.

"I was hoping you'd come back," he breathes out, at a loss of breath.

"But why?" I continue to smile up at him. I couldn't help it, he looked so happy it was contagious.

"Well, first off, you forgot your backpack in the hotel," he says, gesturing to the backpack laying near the entrance of the hotel.

"Oh," I say, my eyes widening slightly, "looks like I really did forget something."

Harry looked slightly confused but quickly shook off all his wonder.

"Also," he starts up again, "there was something I needed to do."

"Which was?" I ask hesitantly, clenching my bottom lip between my teeth. Harry didn't say anything. Instead, a smirk appears slips the corner of his mouth, as he places his hand gently under my jawbone. His breath gets closer along with his face. He inches closer and closer until his lips suddenly attach to mine.

My breath hitches. He's kissing me. He's really kissing me. This isn't real. I mentally pinch myself as I tell myself to wake up. But I never did, so I automatically had to assume this was reality. And frankly, I didn't mind.

And so I kissed him back. It didn't turn into a heated make-out session or anything; just a simple, sweet kiss. I wasn't even sure if it meant anything. I'm sure he's kissed many girls in his lifetime, and I can guarantee the majority of them meant nothing to him. I may have just been added to his list. He said he thinks he likes me.

But at the same time, maybe I was excluded from the said list.

After a brief moment, we both pulled away. He smiled and I looked at him in shock. This couldn't have even been our first kiss, but it may have been the most important.

"Can I say something crazy?" he asks suddenly, still staring at me like a hawk. I nodded in response. "I feel like I'm getting to know you, and I really like what I'm learning."

"Can I say something even crazier?" I retaliate. It was his turn to nod in response. "Come home with me."

His eyes widen suddenly. "What?"

"Come home with me. Just for a day or two." I had no idea what I was saying. What I was asking of Harry was entirely irrational and I knew how absolutely insane I sounded asking him such unrealistic questions. But like Jess said: Do it.

"Wait, you want me to like, fly home with you?" he asks, making sure he wasn't hearing me incorrectly.

"Yes," I say, "I'll bunk with Jess and you can stay in my room. I can show you around my town and we could go up in the mountains. It's really pretty in the winter."

"I-I don't know," he says hesitantly.

"You said you wanted to get to know me."

"That's true." He was silent for a moment, thinking over the scenario. After what feels like an hour later, he finally looks up and smiles. "Why not?"

"Really?" I ask, smiling from ear to ear.

"Really," he says, "I'll ride with you to the airport and get a ticket. I always fly commercial anyways."

"Sounds great," I say. I found it so surreal he agreed. You'd think he thinks I'm a crazed fangirl or something. But I guess he doesn't. And for some reason, he wanted to come home with me.

Abdul honks the horn causing me to jump and turn around.

"You still need a ride?" He asks.

"Yes," I say, turning back to Harry, "yes we do."