21 // Oui Oui

a/n : thank you all so much for 8k on this story !! even if it may be a "small" milestone , it truly means so much !!

* * *
There was a minor skip in my step as I made my way downstairs to meet Harry outside the hotel. Even though I knew he wasn't working, it was a bit of a weird occurrence to not be greeted by Noah as I exited the hotel. I had gotten so used to it now that it just seemed unusual.

Obviously, I didn't dress up as I did with my date with Noah. There was no point to, really. Harry and I were just going for coffee. As friends. He may be a celebrity and all, but I felt no need whatsoever to dress to impress him. If Harry doesn't want to be friends with me based on my personality, then I don't want his friendship.

I push open the door, and to my surprise, there Harry was, watching cars drive by to pass the time while he waited for me. He was dressed in a black knit sweater with brown trousers and his black Old Skool Vans. Simple; but he made it look luxurious.

As he heard the door open from my arrival, he turns around to face me. A smile spans his lips once he sees me approaching him. Once he's turned around fully, I see a bouquet of lilies he's gripping in his right hand.

"Hey," he breathes out as his smile now takes over his entire face.

"Hey," I say back, smiling as well but not quite as brightly.

"I, uh...I got you these," Harry says shyly, holding the bouquet of flowers out towards me. I gladly took them and muttered an appreciative thank you. Harry extended his elbow out, gesturing for me to weave my arm around his.

I slipped my arm through the open space between his side and his elbow and we began to walk.

"So where are we going?" I ask finally as we unintentionally step in unison.

"There's a really great café just up here," he explains. "It's called Anna's. I go there all the time. One of my all-time favorites."

"Oh, I've been there I few times," I tell him coincidentally. "It's very cozy and chill."

"That's what I like so much about it," he admits. "I never run into paparazzi there. Fans rarely come up to me. It's not very popular, I usually only see old couples there, and they probably have been going there since they were young, since it's an old family business. The café was bought back in the early '50s and has been family-owned since."

"You sure know a lot about it for it or being not very popular." I snort as I laugh. Not one of my best features, but it's an uncontrollable one. It's something I've done since I was little and would get in trouble for doing. My mom told me I sounded like a "little piggy" and that "that kind of laugh was unladylike" and I needed to "work on it." I tried; and failed obviously.

"I do my research." He winks.

We shared useless information for a few more minutes until we arrived at Anna's Café. I reached for the door handle and he rushed past me, being sure he opened the door for me.

"Thank you," I say, smiling simply as I walk past him through the open door.

The café seemed emptier than normal, which I found strange, considering it was like 4:15 on a Friday afternoon. People would usually be off around this time or would be getting off soon. I personally would want to come here after work if I was a local. They don't have many quaint cafés like this one in Denver.

"What are you going to order?" Harry asks after closing the door and joining me where I now stood behind an elderly man in line.

"Probably just a coffee." I shrug, not wanting much.