005.

Jayla POV

I tossed and turned all night. I never really sleep good anymore. I used to sleep somewhat good with Choyce but he didn't like to cuddle. That was the only time I slept more than 4 hours at a time.

Checking my phone, it's 8:47am. I might as well get up cause I ain't going back to sleep no time soon.
I texted Sin and asked him what time I should be ready and he texted back 20 minutes later say 6. I really can't wait to see him, I think I'm starting to like him already.
I got in the shower and stayed in there for an hour, it's relaxing in there. I sit and think in the shower and it calms me down. Then I did the whole hygiene thing and put on my black NIKE shirt that I got from a friend, some old blue jeans, and some off-brand black shoes.

I don't really go shopping for myself that often, maybe once a month when I save enough money. All my money from working usually goes to bills, groceries, and my little sister.

I woke up Laila and told her to start packing her stuff. I don't know where we're gonna go just yet but we have to go somewhere. It's some bullshit that we got evicted in the first place.

I went to the kitchen and made breakfast for us since I didn't have anything else to do.
I took out the bacon, eggs, pancake mix, and grits and got to work. I've been in the kitchen since I was 6, so I know how to throw down now.

20 minutes later I was done and I called Laila in the kitchen and she came with her pajamas still on and her phone in her hand.
"I just got off the phone with Essence and she said that Mama Taylor said that we can come tomorrow and stay till we get on our feet." She said making me sigh in relief.

"That's why I love them man, the food is done but save me some." I said jogging to my room to pack my stuff.

*** 4 hours later ***
It didn't take me long to pack my clothes because I only have a bag and a half worth of clothes. My mom got real mad one day at me cause she thought I stole her money for her drugs and burned most of my clothes. So I just packed mostly my hair stuff and my smell goods that took the longest because I had to find all of it.
I checked the time, it was 1:37. I still had a lot of time to kill before tonight.

"Sisssyyyy!" Laila said jumping on my bed. We were real comfortable with each other so I didn't mind.
"What girl?" I said finding more hairties in the bathroom.
"Is it okay if I go to Nayah's house tonight?" She said talking about her girlfriend.

Yes, my sister likes girls, but she has a good reason why tho. She was raped when she was 11 by my mom's boyfriend at the time. It took her 2 years to get over it. Nayah was her bestfriend at the time but she was there the whole way through. She let her cry on her shoulder whenever, held her in her sleep when she had nightmares, and even came running during the wee hours of the night just to comfort her. At first I didn't want them to date because Nayah is 17, and my sister is 15 but over time I accepted it because they're both good girls and they're happy. On the bright side, I don't have to worry about her getting pregnant.

"Yeah I was gonna ask if you wanted to go to Essence house. I'm going out later." I said smiling to myself doing a little dance.
"Girllllll lemme find outtttt. Ahhhh my big sister finally going out I'm so happy." She hopped off the bed and started twerking with her arm in the air.
Then she fell and I started dying.
"My butt hurts now." She said pouting. "But who you going out with ? You ain't got no friends."

I stale faced her, "Okay but you ain't even had to run out like that." I said and she laughed. "But it's with this guy named Sin, I met him yesterday at work. He beat up Choyce for me."