039.

Laila's POV
3 days later...

"It's 10 in the morning Laila." Jayla said through the phone while i positioned it so she could see me.
"I know, I need you to tell me how to make your French toast." I said getting out the bread and milk.
"Um." She said wiping her eyes. "Mix some milk, vanilla extract, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and an egg or two in a bowl." She said still laying in the bed but she was laying on a tattooed chest.
I've never seen Sin shirtless but i automatically assumed it was him.

I started mixing together what she said and then i showed her the bowl.
"No, you need way more milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in there. That looks yellow." She said and i put the phone back down.
"Who are you talking to?" I heard Sin's deep voice groan in the background.
"Laila." She said to him and then he got out the bed.

"Alright." I said and then showed her the bowl.
"Better. Did you already put the butter in the pan?" She said pulling the covers up to her neck and i nodded.

"Yes." I said and i got the bread out.
"Well then just dip the toast in the batter and fry it and put some more cinnamon and whipped cream on top." She said as i was doing it.
"Alright thank you. I'll call you later." I said after i put the bread in the pan and then I hung up.
I heard some footsteps behind me and i turned around to see my mom coming in yawning while I was dipping bread in batter.

"What you making baby?" She said after she let her yawn out.
"Breakfast, it's been forever since i cooked something." I said truthfully.
I still haven't gotten used to having to cook for myself instead of waking up everyday with breakfast waiting on the stove.
"I know that smell from somewhere." She said and came to stand beside me and put her hand on my shoulder.
"Jayla's French toast, I'm surprised she kept her little recipe alive." She said and chuckled to herself.
"What do you mean surprised?" I said putting some potatoes in a pot to boil.

"Baby she made that recipe when she was about 6 or 7, you probably won't remember. When she brought it to me i was upset that she went and used the stove because she could've burned herself. But it was Damn good." She said and I chuckled.
"Why are you making so much? It's only two of us right?" She said and I shook my head.
"No, Essence is coming over and i have a couple heads to do." I said putting the rest of the bacon on a plate with a paper towel.
"Oh Essence, I need to go around there and see her mom." She said eating some of the cut up strawberries that i had in the fridge.

"Um you sure she still likes you?" I said and she shrugged.
"I don't know but Ima find out." She said leaning over the counter on the phone that i bought her.
I got her the iPhone 6s+, nothing too fancy because i had to pay my rent but she was thankful for it.
"Why did you guys fall out?" I said cracking eggs in a bowl.
"Um her boyfriend tried to get with me if you know what I mean, and then when she found out about him flirting with she tried to fight me and then went and had sex with Cedrick, my boyfriend at the time." She said and i looked at her.

"I knew it! I knew you and him had some kind of history." I said and she shook her head.
"Yeah we fell out real bad before the drugs." She said and then I heard a knock at the door.
"Coming!" I said because i wasn't that far away.
"Oh let me put some clothes on." My mom said walking away to her room.
I opened the door and Essence stood there in some pajamas with a backpack over her shoulder and a small duffel bag in her hand.
"Um I thought you were just staying the night?" I said letting her in and then locking the door.

"I was, until my dad told my mom i was leaving. She flipped out cause she thought i was sneaking off to Kash's house, she didn't even let me explain before she was like 'Go out and be fast, I don't want to see your face.' So I'm not going back there till Monday, if that's alright. If not I can go over Andre's house." She said putting her bags on the couch and then sliding her feet across the floor with her slippers on.
"Girl you know you can stay here. Who dropped you off?" I said and she yawned.