023.

Jayla POV
A week later

"Bitch you is not funny." I said to Darrion while he was laughing.
"I'm hilarious and you know I am. You finna clock out?" He asked me while I walked from behind the counter.

"Yep. Naomi you need a ride?" I said to her and she looked up from her customer.
"If you want to wait for me, I don't get off for another 20 minutes." She said and glanced at the clock.
"I'll wait for you." I said taking my purse back off and sat down on the employee couch.

I crossed my legs and got comfortable before a group of guys walked in being all loud.
Me and Darrion locked eyes and he smirked at me.
"Don't you say nothing to them." I mouthed to him.
"Bet I won't." He mouthed back and I laughed and shook my head.

"It's cold in here." I said to myself while texting Sin.

B 💍 Y F R I E N D

-what's wrong baby?

nothing I'm just tired , I been at work since 8 this morning

-want me to come over? I'm just waiting on Naomi to get off so I can take her home, I can come thru..

nah that's alright , it's a school night and I gotta get Legend ready for school & you gotta go to work tomorrow

-I can probably come over for a little bit? You know I can make you feel better🙂

depends on what you mean by making me feel better😏

I was about to text back when a call flashed on my screen.
I didn't look at the caller ID before I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said and glanced around the store.
"Hey Jayla, you still at work?" I heard and pulled the phone away from my ear.
"Oh hey Dj. I just got off but I'm waiting on Naomi so I can take her home. Did you need something?" I said pulling out my headphones cause it was getting loud in here.

"Yeah I was wondering if you could do my hair tonight, I got somewhere to be tomorrow." He said while I put my headphones in my ear.

DJ's POV

"Sure I can do it, you gone come to me? After I get home I don't feel like driving." Jayla said through the phone as Cierra walked in the room.
"Fasho, send me the address when you get home and I'm on the way." I said and I seen Cierra twist her face.
"Alright I'll see you later." She said and the phone hung up.

"Who the hell was that?" She said standing in front of me.
"Jayla." I said getting up and walking passed her.
"What the fuck you going over to her house for? Does Sin know?" She said following me into the kitchen.

"Well if you would've listened to me when I tried to tell you the other day instead going out with Ava, you would know." I said and going into the kitchen.
"You're a liar, you've never even tried to talk to me since Legend's birthday." She said as I went through the little bit of food we had in the fridge.
I sighed in frustration because I can feel an argument coming.

"You know ever since Ava started coming around again, you don't pay me any attention anymore? Nowadays you just expect me to sit back and chill at home and throw you some money so you can go out with her ass. I most definitely told you the other day that I'm going over Jayla's so she can do my hair. You mumbled an 'okay' and walked out the door with Ava. And speaking of money, why is the ice box empty when I just gave you half a stack to go grocery shopping just the other day? Huh? What happened to that money?" I said getting more fed up by the second.

"I don't pay you any attention no more cause you've gotten more boring with our relationship." She said and crossed her arms.
"Now you just saying shit." I said and grabbed a half empty bag of chips out the pantry.
"No I'm not. You don't do any of the things you used to do Derrick. When's the last time we had sex? When's the last time we've been on a date? When's the last time we went out together? Ava's only here to help me keep from running away." She said and my eyebrows shot up.