014.

DISCLAIMER: I changed Legend's age. He is no longer 5, he is 7 years old. Laila, Essence, and Kash are 17. Nayah is 19.

Sincere POV
The same day...

"Sin" I heard Jayla whisper to me.
"Hmm?" I said with a mouth full of fries.
"Are we gonna ask him? About the mommy thing?" She said looking worried.

"Yeah hold on.... Legend!" I said and scooted up to the headboard of the bed.
"Yes?" He said in the doorway.

"Come here son." I said and patted the spot in front of us.

Jayla put her head on my shoulder and took a deep breath.

As soon as Legend came and layed down in front of us I spoke.
"Legend, do you miss your mom?" I said .

He was silent for a few seconds but then shrugged his shoulders.
"I don't know. Sometimes I think about her, but it's not good things. I don't miss her but i still think about her, she was always mean to me." He said and I sighed.

"Come here baby." Jayla said with her arms open.
Legend walked into her arms with no hesitation and Jayla pulled him right next to her and threw her arm over him.

"Do you know what you did today Legend?" She said and he shook his head. "No."
"You called me mommy." She said and his facial expression changed to guilty.
"Oh my gosh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." He said and covered his mouth.

Jayla shook her head. "Legend listen. I know you didn't have a good time with your mom while she was here. And I'm sorry that she's gone. But I know that you need a mom because everybody needs a mom." She told him and he looked like he was finna cry.

"You want me to be your mommy Legend?" She looked him and he nodded fast and tears ran down his face.
"It's okay baby, come here." She said and he wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'll never do you like your last mom did, I promise. I know how it feels not to have a mommy." She said and her voice cracked at the end.

I let them have their moment then I pulled both of them into my arms and we all just sat like that for a little bit.
"It's okay y'all. We all got each other, okay?" I said and Legend nodded his head but Jayla was still hiccuping and sniffing.

I can't imagine how life was for her before I came along. We both never met our dads but I always had my mom and she doesn't. I couldn't imagine my life without my mama so I can't even think how bad Jayla was doing.

Soon enough Jayla sniffed one more time before pulling away.
She looked at Legend and kissed his forehead.
"Stop crying baby, it's okay." She said to Legend wiping his face. "We gone be okay."

She looked at me in my face for a few seconds before perking her lips up at me.
I leaned in and pecked her lips twice before wiping the tears off her face.

"We gone chill in here for the rest of the day. Jayla if you don't feel like cooking you don't have to. I can order some food." I said and she nodded.

"Thank you baby." She said and kissed my cheek. "Can you order some Rosé's please?"
I snapped my head towards her, "from your old job?" I said and she nodded her head.

"I might not like it up there but the chefs in there could throw down." She said and I nodded.
"You ain't ever lied." I said.

"Can we watch the new secret life of pets?" Legend said and I was about to say no till Jayla looked at me with a look that scared me.
"Sure son." I said with a sigh.