028.

Jayla's POV
( A week and a half later, two days before Jayla's birthday )

"Have you even started planning for your birthday?" Cierra said on the phone while I was in the bathroom straightening my hair.
"What she said." Naomi said.

Currently I'm in Sin's bathroom straightening my hair in my bra and panties to go to work while on the phone with Cierra, Naomi, Essence, and Laila talking about my birthday.

"No I haven't because I don't ever celebrate my birthday." I said shrugging.
"What!? Why not!" Cierra yelled through the phone causing me to twist my face while Sin came in the bathroom.
"Bitch cause I've wasted my whole life paying my mama's bills." I said and I looked at Sin while he ran the shower water.

"You going to work?" I said and he nodded while taking his shirt off.
"Are you okay?" I said tuning the call out.
"Yeah why?" He said sliding his shorts off.
"You've barely said two words, I thought you were mad." I said in concern.

He shook his head and made his way towards me. He reached out and pulled me into him by my waist. He looked me in the eyes before kissing me and resting his forehead on mine.
"I'm not mad baby, and I'm damn sure not mad at you. Work is stressing me out right now and I don't wanna take my frustration out on you. But I'm not mad at you." He said lifting his head up and kissing me.

"Are you okay?" I said grabbing the sides of his face and looking in his eyes.
"Yes baby, I'm fine. I promise." He said and kissed me. "I love you so much." He said with his nose against mine then kissed me.

"I love you more baby, let me know if you need something." I said and he nodded before grabbing my ass and kissing me again.
He got in the shower and I tuned the phone call back in and they were talking about me and Sin.

"I knowww I wanna be like them when I get older." Essence said and I twisted my face.
"Wanna be like us? No. Sin is an asshole." I said finishing the last section of my hair with the flatiron.
"I'm a good asshole!" He yelled from the shower.

"You and Pryce can't use that line all the time!" I yelled back while looking at myself in the mirror.
"Right." All the girls said in unison and I heard him laugh.
"Naomi you coming to work?" I said while spraying oil sheen on my hair.
"My shift is about 30 minutes after yours, but I have a ride." She said and I tilted my head at my phone.

"Really now?" I said walking out the bathroom.
"Yeah Demitrius said he can pick me up today." She said and I got even more surprised.
"Demitrius?" I said making sure I heard her right.
"Oh he LIKE you like you?" Laila said and I chuckled.

"Right it took me 6 months to learn his real name in highschool." Cierra said.
"Well he did say he liked me but I don't think we're ever gonna be a thing." She said while I rubbed lotion and deodorant on myself.
"And why not?" I said fixing my bra.

"Because I don't seem like his type. He has a lot of girls in his phone that see him often, and I'm pretty sure it's to have sex. And I'm not like that, I'm not gonna give it up to him before I'm ready and I fear that he might not like me for it." She said and I poked my lip out.
"Awwwn baby he'll wait for you." Laila said.

"I thought Sin wouldn't wait for me, if we're being real." I said. "I thought he would've started seeing other girls a long time ago." I said thinking on it.
"What do you mean?" She said.
"We haven't had sex yet." I said tying a robe around myself.

"Really!?" Everybody yelled at the same time.
"Why is that so surprising to everybody?" I said thinking about how Dj reacted the same way.
"Because y'all are the nastiest couple we know." Essence said as I left the room.
"It's not in real life." I said going downstairs into the laundry room.