017.

Thank y'all sooo much for 17K🥳.

Smoke's POV
2 days later...

*Flashback to 10 years ago, 11 year old Smoke. *

I was walking in the house from school, smiling ear to ear.
We had just got our report cards back and I had all A's and B's.

"Mama! Dad!" I yelled once I got in the house.
"What the fuck do you want!" She yelled back at me.

"Look at my report card mama." I said going into the kitchen where she was.
I just knew for sure she was going to be proud of me, I've been working so hard in school.

She scanned the report card then looked at me in disgust.
"Why are you showing me this?" She asked looking at me with a bored expression.

"My grades are good mama. Remember, you promised to buy me ice cream." I said with a big smile.

"What? You think you better then me or something? Huh? You little piece of shit." She said angrily and slapped me hard on my face.

My face jerked to the side, my cheek burning in pain.
I looked at her in pain and disbelief and ran upstairs to my room.

"You crying over that little slap? Just wait till your daddy get home!" She yelled after me and my heart dropped.

My mama has always put her hands on me since I was a little kid.
I'm kind used to her hitting and slapping me, but I can never get used to my dad beating me.

Both my parents hate me but my dad beats me like i stole from him.

I ran up to my room and shut the door. I hurried up and put on 4 more shirts, and 3 more pairs of shorts.
I got in my bed under the cover and silently prayed to myself for God to protect me.

I closed my eyes tight and curled into a ball, preparing myself for the worst.
I've been in the hospital a total of 3 times from the beatings my dad gives me over the littlest things.

.....

I didn't even realize I fell asleep until I was woken up my loud yelling.
"Demitrius!" I heard that loud, deep voice that scares me everytime I hear it.

"God please protect me. God please protect me." I said quietly to myself with my eyes shut tight.

My room door busted open and there stood my father looking at me with fire in his eyes.
He rushed over to me and snatched me up and dragged me to the basement.

"Please don't hurt me! I'm sorry!" I begged.
"Shut up!" He said and punched me dead in my nose.

I felt something crack and blood started gushing out and I groaned in pain.
"Don't hurt my brother!" I heard a little voice say.

I lifted my head to see my little sister, Mackenzie at the foot of the stairs with anger in her eyes.
"I'm okay Mackenzie. Just go back upstairs." I said sluggishly cause I was still losing blood.