Chapter 1

"Mum! I KNOW! Yes. No don't go in there. Mum! Can you just leave me alone! I'm 18, I think I can manage."
Mum has this huge thing of controlling people. She loves to stick her huge ass nose into things which have no concern about her whatsoever. Actually, it does. Considering I have my first day of school.
Argh. We moved again. All because of my lame father that wont pay mortgage for mum. So she decided to move to Ohio and enrol me yet again, to another high school.
Its a Monday morning, hot out, and rushing like mad. I haven't even done my hair properly and basically no make up. I look hideous...I look like crap.
"Bye mum" I walk through the front door without mum even kissing me goodbye. not that I wanted one anyway because that is just sick.
My brother John, hasnt even bothered to get up either. Im assuming he isnt going to school today.
I get into my bomb of a car and start the engine. Can anyone even drive of this state I'm in now? I need sleep!! Ive been up all night reading this amazing book called True Love. I literally cant stop reading it. I'm even bringing it to school right now. Im sad I know.
Ten minutes of driving and I arrive a Westdon High. I see crowds of people rushing in like maniacs while I sit in my car wondering when its time to make a move. I see the Nerds, I see the Popular group but what really stood out was obviously the im-too-cool-for-school-chicks-cause-im-too-hot group. It brought a roll to my eyes to see such cocky girls. It brought anger.
In matter of minutes, I see a group of guys who look like they are up for a fight they just look like cowards.
Suddenly, I saw a strange mark on their neck. All of them seemed to have one. It was a bite which looked bruised and basically permanent. That made me frindge. To see such muscular guys and that mark made me give them a weird look.
There was a guy in the back that really stood out to me. Brown hair, striking green eyes and the pair seemed to be looking straight at me. He gave me a welcoming smile and a bit of a wave. I sat there like an idiot in my car wondering if he was waving to me or not, but I waved anyway. He turned back and kept walking. He seemed to have the mark on the side of his neck aswell.
I finally got the confidence to come out of my car and gather my books into my bag. Being at this school seemed weird and out of place. Like there was something to it I couldn't quite put my finger on just yet but it was coming to me. There was about everyone glaring at me as I walked through the front of the school. It felt like forever though. I knew people were talking about me but I decided to try to ignore the comments and judgemental people around me.
As I walked through the front of the high school doors, it was madness. There were papers airplanes flying everywhere and I had to dodge each one coming my way.. it was just chaos.
Out of nowhere, a ball was flying right at me and I had no time to duck that so it hit me right in the face. I felt my face warming up as I saw everyone go quiet and look at me trying not to crack up laughing. I was angry to know who threw it.
"Oh my god! Are you ok?" I looked up to face the guy I saw from my car who gave me a wave. He gave me a warming smile but saw him grimacing because tears began to drown my eyes.
"Here look, Ill make it up to you..." He continued.
"How about ill bring you to the sick room and well get to know eachother? Sound good?" He looked down at me with a worrying look. I had a close look at his bite on his neck which looked even more weird.
"Look, you don't need to. Everyone is looking at us and Im sure you don't want to. Ill be fine." I whispered
"No you are not fine and I want to take you. I would like to get to know you thanks" Without me replying, he grabbed a hold of my arm and started pulling me to the sick room.
"I said I'm fine" I assured him but kept on pulling me which gave me a bit of a smile knowing someone wanted to become friends with me.
We zoomed into the sick room and he sat me down.
There was a long silence for a while when he gave me an ice pack to place on my head. I still felt dizzy but just enough to keep my balence.
"So where you from?"
"San Fran." I replied too shy too look at him.
"Really? Long way huh?"
"Yeah"
"Oh my god, forgive me. My name is Jace Dawn. Whats yours?"
"Tessa. But you can call me Tess" I chuckled at myself as I started making a fool out of myself.
Jace's pointer finger met my chin and lifted my head up.
"Or I can just call you tonight?..."