Chapter 11

I ran home knowing my route because I could smell Jaces scent and my blood along the road. It was like a trail from the woods which made it easy (thank god)
I prayed mum wouldn't be home but I overheard the television playing loudly just from my front door.

I cringed as I heard the sound of mum.
"Tess?" I heard her say. She sounded so quiet. I didn't get why she had to be so quiet and the television was so loud.

I walked through the door finding mum at gun-point by a man covered in blood and bites. Mum had tears dripping from her eyes. She was sobbing quietly as I stood at the door in shock. The man gave me a devious smirk.

"Mum?..." I start breathing deeply as I start to loose my crap. I feel my veins pop ready to be shifted into my wolf. I hadn't been trained but needed to give it the best I had. My claws were forming as I felt my eyes form different shades of colour.

Mum was watching me horrified as the man held a gun still at her head. He wanted to stir me up and find out if I was really a wolf. I started walking slowly towards them keeping an eye on the gun and the man. As I came closer he started digging the gun into her head as he screeched. I stopped.

He was tall and intimidating for sure. As I was shifting, I spoke to Jace through my mind link.
"Jace, you need to get here now" I try to say to him in mind link calmly.
I sensed he heard me and felt he was on his way.
"What are you doing with my mum?" I say through growls, trying to distract him as I circled around them slowly. Feeling defensive.
"Ill kill her!" He threatened as he started digging the gun harder into her head. Mum sobbed louder. I then realised why the tv was on full blast because he didn't want neighbours hearing her cry and call the cops.

"NO YOU WONT!!!" I transformed into my wolf finally and took a quick glance at myself in the mirror. My body had completely shifted and I instantly felt angry and also defensive for my mum. I gave a great growl hoping to look intimidating by the man.

My mum watched me horrified. I slowly took steps closer to the man as he was just about to pull the trigger. I howl as I jump onto him and start ripping him to shreds as I let mum escape. I feel blood squirting everywhere as I have my first taste of human flesh. I felt undefeated. But most of all, I felt powerful.

My claws dug into him as he continually gave howls of pain. That howl of pain sounded familiar of the wolf who attacked me earlier before. This made me angry as he was targeting my family. They better not come for my brother.

Jace stormed into the house with my mum under his arm comforting her. Mum looked around her house as the room looked unrecognisable by all the blood everywhere. I had just finished killing him. I shifted back into my human form and rushed to mum. I had blood all over me but she didn't seem to mind or also that I was a wolf.

As I hugged mum, over her shoulder Jace smiled and gave me a quick nod.

"Thats my girl" He said through mind link.