Chapter 17

I swim to the surface and catch my breath. I await for Jace to rise. As he did he gave me a fright and spat water in my face.
"Ew Jace!" As I use my hands to block the water from my face. He cackles and brings me into him.

"I win" He announces
"Its a tie" I smile and correct him as he gives me a piggy-back. My arms are cradled around his neck.
"I gotta say, you have one side of you that I've never seen before. You competitive wolf!" He jokes around with me as I completely denied it knowing it was true.
"No. I. Dont." As I slap him on the chest and he still laughs.
"Come here you!" He pulls me off of his back and cradles me in his arms kissing me. I bite at his lip trying to seem feisty and he chuckles quietly. We continue kissing as he pulls me up and lifts me up carrying me from my thighs above the water. My legs were now wrapped around his back as he was kissing my neck. He starts getting intense as I hear his wolf purring. Mine purrs to but before he started controlling me, I put an end to it just to make him mad.

I push away from his hold and paddle back splashing him in the face. He groans and chases me in the water. I laugh and try to get away from him playfully. I blow a kiss as I swam to the edge of the lake, reaching for a rock so I could get on the ground again.

"Stay!" He pleaded but I couldnt. I was too excited to see our new home where we could have each other all to ourselves.
"Uh-uh-uh..." As I gave him a cheeky smile.
"We need to get going. Come dry off." As I motioned my hands for him to follow me. I started walking off when he sat in the water pouting his lips like a spoilt child not getting what he asked for.

I turned to think he was following me. When I saw his face, it was priceless but also adorable. I bursted out laughing and managed to say
"And people call you Alpha?!" I chuckled and kept on walking.
"You're a dead wolf." He sounded serious swimming to the rocks.
I heard footsteps running towards me and I noticed I was running for my life as Jace shifted into his wolf.

I just ran.
He is right up my tail as the tip of his nose reaches from under my legs and throws me over onto his back. I felt as his fur moved through the wind. It was soft.

He slows down and puts me down gently. The black intimidating wolf that happened to be my boyfriend started walking towards me when he suddenly licked my face.
Thats what dogs do ofcourse!