Chapter 8

That morning, I met up with Jace somewhere in the woods.
As soon as I hung up the phone I got myself dressed and out of my room not even being bothered cleaning my mess.
I had an assignment due at school today but I figured, I couldn't be stuffed and Id also would want to hang with Jace.
I felt safe with Jaces presence. I felt comfortable and at the same protected, now that I'm his Luna. I feel so privileged to call myself a Luna with Jace. He's my mate and I wouldn't let anything happen to him. The same goes for him. Which I love.

A few hours later when I locked my house and headed to the woods. I hear rattling in the trees. I stopped and looked around calling Jaces name.
"Jace?.." I awaited for his reply.
Silence.
"Jace, are you here?.." I ask within my mind link.
"No..im on my way. Are you ok?" His voice in my head seemed a little worrying.
I blocked him out of my mind as he started becoming worried.

I listened into the strange noise coming out of the woods. I slowly walk into the woods.
If I were still human, I wouldn't dare go into the woods if I heard a noise. But now that I'm a wolf, its totally different. I can protect myself.

A huge wolf jumps from behind a tree and crashes itsself onto me. I had no time to shift so it started clawing me. I had no strength to throw him off me. I tried a few times to shift but I couldnt. The wolf was too strong.
Within minutes, Jace had been running towards me and he has shifted into his amazing black wolf.
"GET OFF MY MATE!!" He jumped on top of the wolf and dug his teeth into the neck of the wolf. The wolf gave a howl of pain as I caught my breath again.
Jace through the wolf body aside and ran to my side. I was bleeding from my chest and neck.

It seemed to be aimed at a certain place. My mark..
How did he know and why did that wolf attack me. I have no Idea...