Chapter 32

"Theres my beautiful daughter in law!" She shouts from a distance and I revision her healing me from when the wolf attacked me. I remember when she first walked in and saw me covered in blood and her gleaming green eyes glowing.

As I walk to her table, I look around and see my pack and they all bow their heads in sign of appreciation. I see also Micky conversing with a boy looking around her age and I give her a little wink as she rolled her eyes.

I reached the table and pulled out a chair to talk to her as Jace went to greet his pack.
"Hello." I simply say awkwardly.
"Lets have a proper introduction this time shall we? My name is Alaina." She smiled at me while I laughed.
"Hah, my name is Tessa (as you already know im sure)" I clarify myself seeming stupid. She laughed at my stupidity and sipped her champaigne.

She then grabbed a gold of my hand and said "You are so beautiful, please take care of my boy.." She looked deep into my eyes and she left.

I was a bit curious of why she acted like that. I knew for some reason something was going to happen and it wasn't long.
Until I couldn't see Alaina anymore, I called for Jace. He saw me from a distance and came to my side.
"How'd you go?" He placed a hand on my shoulder as I sighed
"I don't know Jace, something isn't right..I can feel it." I said as I was starting to get a massive head ache.
"Are you ok Tess?" He leans in closer as he whispered.
"No.." I say truthfully.

Jace runs to the stage and taps on a glass with a knife trying to get peoples attention.
"May we have everyone excused for the night? Thank you again for attending. Its been a pleasure." Jace said clearly without hesitation. Everyone was considerate about it and left.

I sat on the table as Micky came to me.
"Whats up?" Micky pulls out a chair and glances at me.
"I don't feel right..I was talking to Jaces mum Alaina and then she seemed weird and left."
"Oh."
Jace walks to us as now everyone has left except for the maids packing up.
"Where did mum go?" Jace asks
"She left before."
He nods his head.
"Lets get inside guys, its getting late." He leads Micky and I inside and I have a shower and put on my pjs. I take off my ring and place it in the drawer. After all of that, I have still gotten a headache. I assumed that it may have been from the symptoms of pregnancy so I didn't want to stress myself out so much.

I had gotten into bed when Micky came in looking guilty. Like something had happened..

"Come here-" I signal her as I pat on the side of the bed but she cuts me off.
"No.."
"Why?"
"There is something I need to tell you."
"Whats going on?.." My heart begins to race.
"Where is Jaces mum?"
"I have no idea, can you just tell me whats going on?..wheres Jace?"
"He has gone for a run.."
I continue to look at her waiting for the next clue.
"His mum was found dead."
I gasp in horror felling so hurt for Jace right now.
"Tessa..." She seemed a lot more miserable now and seemed like she didnt want to tell me the next bit.

She looks up at me and says

"Your brother back in Ohio was found dead in your mums home."