Chapter 16

Tess as a wolf^^
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"So, where we heading?" I say while the wind blows through my wavy brunette hair.
"My dad kept a house in the mountains after he died for me to bring my mate there once I found her." He says while he keeps his eyes on the road.

We were in a BMW without the roof on the car. It was great finally getting Vitamin d for once.

While we were cruising out of the city, I was thinking so much of the people I'm going to miss. Id miss Fred, my little dog. I got him for christmas. Id especially miss mum. That brought a tear to my eye. I wiped the tear that had been trailing down my cheek. Jace noticed and frowned.

"Oh. Baby.." He said as he wiped my tear and stroked my hair as he tried to keep his eyes on the road. Just to feel his touch made me feel better.

"Im fine." I say rubbing my eyes.
"I think its just the wind" I say. That was the lamest excuse anyone could ever say in this situation.
"The wind? Really?" He said through a smile. Jace started to pull over to the side of the road.
"What are you doing?" I seemed sespicious.
He slowly stopped the car and laid against the seat sighing. He looked at me with his dazzling eyes and looked down. I felt I was the one at fault making him feel bad that I was crying.

"Don't cry please..." He placed his hand on my bare thigh and tried to cheer me up.
"Wanna go for a run before we head into the mountains?" He offered.
"Well go deeper into the woods if you like so people wont see us?.." He continued.

I was excited until I remembered that Jace had more experience then I did at running so thats what made me change my mind from a "yes" to a sad and disappointing "no"

"Oh, come on! Please? It will get your mind off things....stop doubting yourself."
"Argh! Stop reading my mind Jace!" I said as I punched his shoulder gently and laugh.
"Knew it" He snapped his fingers and chuckled.
I sat there silently thinking. Jace getting over excited jiggling the car as he begged.
"Pleeeeeaaaaaassssseee!??" He made a fool out of himself as people walked past giving us looks. Becoming embarrassed as more people started to notice his begging and pleading.
"Is everything alright in here?" An elderly man came towards the car and eyeing us and especially Jace.
"Sorry sir." He gave me a nod and started walking away. As I kept my eye on Jace giving him a death look finally giving in.
"FINE!" I shouted.
He bounced up and down and gave me a peck on the cheek as he giggled.
He reminded me of a sweet little boy finally getting his first dog which I found adorable. I gave him a smile and he accelerated towards the woods.

Not long, Jace had reached the woods and we both decided to walk instead of drive in. Him and I linked hands until I got all hyped up about running and shifting into my wolf for the second time round.

"Race you to the lake!" He shouts as he lets go of me. I let out a moan and start assembling into my white wolf. His wolf was fully black with topaz coloured eyes.

Him and I were racing. As he was beating me for a few seconds, I managed to pick up speed as I started becoming tired. We dodged trees and part of me was hoping Jace would get hit by one because he was pissing me off of how competitive he was. He reminded of my brother.

I was taking the lead loosing him ahead.
"Dont get too excited, Im going easy on you" He said through mind link. I look back at him when he contacted me through mind link and noticed him pacing even harder. I took a quick glance as his fur waved through the wind. His eyes glowing, full of competition and his paws digging the dirt off the ground.

He was extremely fast and he ended up taking the lead again. I caught up with him by his side while we were running at full speed. We were only a few meters more by the small lake. When we reached it we both jumped in. As we were up in the air, we both then shifted into our human form.