Chapter 5

I raced downstairs to answer the door. Before I opened it, I looked into the mirror to check my hair is in place and That I don't have Nutella around my mouth.
I opened the door slowly and saw a casually dressed Jace leaning against the wall on my front porch. He seemed chilled.
"10 minutes hey?" I joked around and stepped aside for him to get inside.
He walked in and checked out my house. Sadly, it was a mess. Bloody mum.
"Sorry about the mess.."
"Don't worry! I live with a house full of guys! But thats to be expected I guess.." We laughed together.
As soon as he stepped inside, I already enjoyed his company.
"Here ill lead you upstairs and we can put on a movie if you like?" I offered him three movies. Transformers, Need For Speed and Spiderman.
He chuckled when he saw I kept movies like them in my drawer.
"Oh stop it you!" I blushed and slapped him as he kept laughing.
"No its not that. Id rather listen to you talk and watch your beautiful face then those movies." He said through a bright smile as he winked at me.
"Cheesy!" I simply said.
Me and him talked hours on end on my bed.
"Could you tell me about this little accident here?" I pointed at his neck as he smiled at me.
"It was no accident."
"What? Playing with girls? Naughty!" I started teasing on what I thought that was the reason why there had been a bite.
"No..no girls. No drunken mistakes or accidents." He confirmed as he looked down.
He seemed to be hiding something and I didn't like it. What was sitting in front of me basically told me his life but left this last..why?
"Its a rule"
"A rule???" I said through laughs
"For wolves Tess.."
That explained everything. The mark. The change of his eyes as he was angry later on today. Everything
"My father was an Alpha of Crescent Moon pack until he died. He was attacked by a pack of other wolves who seemed to be against him for no particular reason but jealousy. He was a leader to many people. I was then put in place. What I mean by that is, before he died, he bit me as a mark of an new Alpha. So Ive taken his place"
He took my hands gently into his and whispered "It can also mark a mates territory.."
I didn't know what he meant by "mate" so I sat there staring at him for a while taken away by what he said.
"YOURE MY MATE TESSA!" His hand reached my cheek bone and stroked it as he smiled.
"I sensed it when I saw you. My name was written all over you! Why do you think I've been protecting you all of this time? Why do you think..I'm right here...right now?.." He slowly explained. I felt scared but inside was jumping in joy of how he liked me back.
"I need you in my life." He began shifting closer to me. Hes hands were still placed on the sides of my face as he looked into my eyes. His eyes were amazing..Topaz or his usual brown..it was perfect. He was perfect..
"May I mark you?" Was all he said.

I moved my hair out of the way of my neck and tilted. A sign of letting him know he can bite me. He seemed relieved and wasted no time.
I placed my head on the back rest of the bed and awaited. I didn't know what I would expect until he sunk his teeth into my neck.
I heard his inner wolf purring and that gave me a sudden scare. The bite only lasted a couple of seconds as his teeth finally dug its way out of my neck.
I leaned him back so his eyes would be meeting mine and he noticed a sudden change.
"You're amazing you do know that?" He half whispered as he stared into my eyes and running his finger across my lips.
I see him biting his lip trying to resist kissing me but I rolled my eyes and crashed him into me.
His kiss was strong and controlling. He grabbed my head gently and played with my hair as I stroked his.

As we were kissing, I managed to say through them "You're also mine.."