chapter 1 : Day zero

Hey. Enjoy :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before you go on reading my story, let us first get you to know something about me, shall we?

  My name is nimeni Steven I  am a college student  learning in the college of my dream. I lived for 19 years and my whole 19 year was soo dull. I mean I always wake up In the morning and head to school after greeting my grandmother which is now dead. I know I know...I was very sad that I have been crying for like one straight week. But I got used to being alone all my life. Crule life huh?

   I lived with my grandmother which was rich enough to afford feeding and loving me. She died two years ago in a terrible car accident. I started living with her when my mother died of cancer and my father died of stroke. I don't remember them tho. I mean I was very small when they passed away. well you can probably say that I lived my whole life alone. Am not lonely tho..i love myself and am my own company.l

     It was Friday so I was happily walking out of class thinking about the shooting practice that I was doing.  yes I had a gun shooting practice. Well it is not a formal practice. The owner of the gun shop knew me very well. We get to know eachother because I nagged her to let me practice, so after nagging her for like a week......she said yes.

      "Hey nimeni?" I heard a familiar voice of my psychology teacher so I turned around.

    "Yes mr. Jack." I said smiling. I loved this teacher.  he is the best.

     "You are getting good grade on your psychology tests. I hope you keep it up. So I want you to give a course to some of the students in your class. Can you do that?" He asked fixing his glass.

     "Oh thank u Mr Jack. I would love too. But I have to go now. I have a sho- something to do." I said fixing my backpack.

      "Ok we can do that. You will start on monday" he said before walking away. I signed and walked out of the building. But the vibe was not as as always.

   Usually students would be laughing and shouting and smiling. But that day, it was different. The students were looking at there phones in a horror like they were watching a real life bloody Mary.

    I walked over to a boy who was looking down at his phone sitting on a bench with a blank expression on his face. I had to ask.

     "Hey. What is happening?" I asked standing in front of him. He looked up and back at his phone.

     "The internet says that there is a virus spreading around the country. it started from the north and it is spreading around. It says that it makes people act like a total....psychopath i guess?" He frowned "Make them eat each other Like some animals." He said a confused expression in his face. And I was like What does he mean? This must be a joke.

    "Like zombies?" I rised my eyebrows crossing my arms. It sounded ridiculous.

     "I don't know." He shrugged dialing some number and putting his phone on his ear before walking away.

   I signed and walked out of the collage gate to be greeted by a silent road. I frowned and started walking to my stress reviler. Aka the gun shop.

     I was waking peacefully putting on my headphones and singing out loud with the song lovely. Until I felt a sting on my left hand. It felt like some big insect was sucking my blood off.

   I hissed and immediately looked at my hand to see a big Unfamiliar insect sitting on my hand. I yelped and waved my hand in the air like a manic dancing on the street. Thank God there was no one around.

     After some struggle and screaming, the insect fell off to the ground. I looked at my hand and to my surprise and horror, There was a big red circle on my pale hand and it stings a little. It didn't hurt that bad.

     I looked down to the ground to see the insect struggling to get up but failed due to it's broken wings. It was really big and have  huge antennas that looked strong. Its color was complicated. I couldn't tell weather it is red green or yellow. Was like Tf?

    I slowly bent down taking out my phone. I captured a photo of it and stood up. I passed by it. But I walked back again and stepped on it. A white sluggish liquid come out of the corner of my shoe as crunched my face in disgust and started walking again.

    I pushed open the shop door expecting to see evana but she was not there.

     "Ay to eve. I am here. I hope you missed me." I said walking at the back of the shop to the practicing area. But no one was there.

     "Hey this is not a joke....please come out I won't talk today I just wanna practice. " I said leaning on the counter. But no  answer and that was making me a little worried.

    "Hey where the hell-" I was cut off by a loud voice coming from out side the shop so I rushed out side. And what I saw was scary, horrible, terrifying, and shocking.

    There was evana walking slowly to wards the shop a fallen trash can behind her. but she looks different. Her skin was pale and sweaty. And what scared me the most was the amount of blood coming out of her neck and her hand.

     I rushed to her stretching my arms.

  "What the hell happend to you. Oh my God. What happend to your neck a-and your hand." I said looking at her whole body while grabbing her shoulder. She stopped walking and looked at me. I gasped when i looked at her eyes. Her usual green eyes where turning gray.

     "Oh my God." I said holding my mouth and stepping back a little as she stood there looking at me before proceeding to walk. What the duck is happening?

      I was standing there in a total shook until heard a loud scream. I looked behind me to see a woman running with high heels while screaming her lung off. And soon followed a crowd of people screaming and waving there hands in the air like crazy people.

     "HEY WHAT IS HAPPENING?" I asked the woman who still running.

    "RUN RUN JUST RUN." She screamed before passing me followed by people screaming like her.

      I just stood there frozen not understanding what the Hell was happening. I just started running to where the crowd was running. the road was now filled with people running here and there...the plaxe looked like a panic playground. It was a chaos. Some were breaking a stores and some were just running like me. And others were...just frozen on their state.

    But I stopped on my tracks when I saw something that I would never expect to see in my entire life.

     A man was laying on the ground with evana hovering over him and......eating him. Yes EATING HIM! The man was screaming wiggling and pushing her by her shoulders despite her eating his neck off as the his blood was splashing like a fountain. It was the most disgusting and disturbing thing I have ever saw in my life.

    I didn't think twice as I grabbed evana from the back of her cloth and pulled her up with all my strength and that worked.

     She wiggled and snatched her head towards me. She looked worst than before. Her whole face was now all blood including her white shirt.

      "R-r-run s-save y-your-" the man chocked, a lot of blood coming out of his mouth and neck. It looked like his whole face bursted. I felt like throwing up. The feeling that I have never felt in a long time. But I controlled it. It was not time to puke!

    I looked over to evana and she was chasing after other people. And other people who looked like her were chasing people passing by me. Not even glancing at me. Why aren't they chasing me? Are they really zombies?

      "Is this really a zombie apocalypse?"

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Bye for now. Hope you enjoyed