chapter 29: The story

Hey guys, enjoy the ride 😊😊

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       I woke up when the sun is about to fry my face off. I groaned and shifted on my bed only to fell down hitting my head with the table.

     "Owwww God. " I almost yelled rubbing the spot where it hit me. I stood up with a struggle and looked around. There was Jacob sleeping resting his head on the table while drool come out of his mouth. He is so not a man.

     I walked to the front seat and there was gumball sleeping leaning his head on the steering wheel. He looked so tired and he looked like he cried him self to sleep.

     "Hey gumball." I patted his shoulder slightly before ruffling his hair. He immediately looked up at me smiling a littel but his smile dropped as soon as he saw me.

     "Oh God. It is so shiny." I said covering closing my eyes while smiling. I opened them again to see him looking at me in a bored expression.

   "What? It is shiny to see you smiling like that. I should have taken a photo" I said tapping my chin.

    "What do you want?" He asked looking infront of him. Here we go again. The rude ass is back on the track.

    "You look tired you have to sleep.", I said patting his shoulder. "Get up... get up. Come ooon" I said pulling him by his arm.

   He sighned and stood up before sitting on the passenger's seat. I sighned and standing on the driver's seat before driving off.

     We were now in side a small town with old barbershop, Bakeries, churches, gas stations etc. It looked creepy to be honest. It looks like the town on the movie 'House of wax.'.

     I started driving slowly scanning everything. There were no zombies on the road or anywhere near.

     "Whoaa this is creepy." I mumbled to my self. "Isn't it?" I asked looking to gumball who seemed out of this world.

    "Hey gumball back to earth of zombies." I said waving my hand. He didn't move an inch. He was just staring  in front of him. I pulled over the car and that's when he looked at me.

    "Why did you stop?" He asked looking around. I just looked at him. He really looks broken. He seems like his whole life was crushed in to pieces.

    I sighned and stood up before going behind him. "Come on." I said pulling him by his arm. He looked at me and he looks terrible. He have bags under his eyes, his eyes were red.

     "Damn man you look like a real zombie." I said trying to cheer him up but it didn't work. He just shrugged my hand off and looked in front of him.

     "Come on man. Cheer up." I said and he stood up immediately startling me.

     "You said that you wouldn't nag me right? So stop nagging me. I hate it when you are so nice to me like that....you don't know me. So leave me the hell alone." He yelled before passing by me and getting off the car and slamming the door shut........ And I was heart broken.

     "Huh? What? what was that?" Jacob said looking around him. He looked at me and sighned. "Oh thank God I thought it was a zombie." He said before standing up.

     "Who are you?" I asked. I can't hold it  back any more.

     "What do you mean?" He asked opening the small fridge.

     "Who are you to Stanley and why is he so upset to see you?" I asked again with a shaking voice. I know that it doesn't concern me. But it is affecting my mood too.

    "Ok kid..... but I have to ask you the same thing first." He said sitting down on the couch like table. I sighned and sat beside him.

     "I am nimeni. I found Stanley in a supermarket. I don't know about him  just I am his friend......is that enough?" I asked looking up at the man.

     "Ok hi. I am Jacob. I am Stanley's big sis husband.........and he is upset to see me because I betrayed him" He sighned before continuing.

    "we were like friends when I first met him. He was a cute little adorable guy. He was always smiling and laughing despite is mother and father were separated...........but what heart him the most was that his mother, the one who always encouraged him with all the thing he does died in a car accident with him.......he was driving the car." He stopped taking a deep breath. Now my heart was so broken. He have lived a very difficult life.

     "After his mom died his father started to ignore him.....he didn't even show up at the funeral...........stanely have built a shell around him since then......."

     "And the answer why he is upset of me is because his sister died because of me." He said in a shaking voice. I gasped holding my head while I can feel tears gathering up at the edge of my eyes.

      "He loved his sister Anna so much....she was the only family for him. She was the only family for me too........at the first day of the zombie apocalypse we his sister got stuck in a car. We couldn't let her out. We tried so hard to lift the car but it wouldnt work." He stopped wiping his tears that was already on his cheeks. And me, I was already crying my eyes off.

     "She was already losing so much blood and she was telling us to leave her alone.......the zombies were catching up to us but Stanley wouldn't move........so I have to leave him behind....i- I had to leave h-him behind to-go s-save my s-self." He started sobbing hard. His whole body was shaking as he covered his face with his palms.

   I moved closer to him and put my hand on his shoulder." I-its ok. What hapend hapend. All you have to say is sorry ok? I-its ok" I said patting his shoulder.

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Bye for now guys. And I want to wish  you happy eid  
🌃🌃🕋🕋