Ch. 17 Opening Up

Megan POV
I get in the car with Tony to go get something to eat. The car ride and silent. Usually Tony and I would be just arguing over everything. But this was different. No arguing or anything.
Tony takes us to a pizza restaurant. Before we go inside, he puts on a baseball cap and takes out his contacts and puts on his glasses. I'm shook.

Megan: You wear glasses?
Tony: Yep. I only wear my glasses when I'm at home and when I go out in places like this so that people won't recognize me.
Megan: Oh!

We go inside the restaurant and order our pizza.

Tony POV
I kinda want to know more about Megan's parents.

Tony: Meg is it too much to ask if you could tell me about your parents.

Megan POV
Hmmmmmm. I guess this shouldn't hurt.

Megan: Not at all.
Tony: Tell me everything.
Megan: Hahaha. You are sounding like a high school girl.

We both laughed.

Megan: My parents were so amazing. They were marred for almost 20 years.
Tony: Wow. That's amazing.
Megan: The love they had for each other was so amazing that no love song or romance movie could describe it. They were also super caring and loving to me. My mom and dad actually said that I had the gift of music since I was 2.
Tony: Woah! No way!
Megan: Hahaha. Yep. I learned how to play the piano from my mom and the guitar from my dad. The singing came on it's own. My dad claims I got it from my grandma.
Tony: So you loved singing your whole life?
Megan: I sure did. The first concert they took me to was a Mariah Carey concert.
Tony: Oh my God. That is amazing. She has the best voice ever.
Megan: She sure does. I'll never forget that because I grew up listening to her and her voice really stayed with me.
Tony: Man, my first concert was a Black Eye Peas concert.
Megan: No way!! I love Black Eye Peas.
Tony: Their production of how they perform inspired me with my production.
Megan: That is cool. My parents also taught me the values and morals of life. That day when they died crushed me. I'll never forget I was 15 and I already made plans to spend a weekend at Bailey's house because she and I have been friends for so long. I get called to the office and the principal had Bailey's parents come by to tell me the news. I was devastated. I cried so much. I didn't go to school for about 2 weeks.
Tony: Oh man. I can't even imagine what you went through.
Megan: After that Bailey's parents took me in their home and raised me. I've been with them ever since.

Tony POV
I can't believe it. Megan is definitely a strong woman.

Tony: So when did you start writing your own songs?
Megan: When I was 16, so basically a over year after my parents died. It was like it can't to me naturally.
Tony: You have a natural gift.
Megan: Thanks.

Megan POV
I've never opened up to someone like this.

Megan: Just out of curiosity, why were you at the grave site?
Tony: I was visiting my grandma's grave. She passed away three years ago due to breast cancer.
Megan: Oh I'm so sorry.
Tony: It's okay. She was everything. She really kept our family together. She would always keep my dad in place.
Megan: Wait what?
Tony: Yeah. She kept him in place. Make sure he wouldn't go too overboard or too harsh on anyone with his job.

Okay this is new.

Tony: When she passed it really hurt me and my family.
Megan: I'm sorry to hear that.
Tony: It's okay. After she passed we started a breast cancer fund in her name to help those who have a family member dealing with breast cancer.
Megan: Aww. That's sweet of you.
Tony: Haha. Thanks.

Our food came and we talked more about our childhood and our family. I hate to admit it, I'm having a good time.
Afterwards, Tony took me home.

Megan: Thanks for bringing me back home.
Tony: It's no problem.
Megan: So I'll see you for rehearsals then.
Tony: Alright. Take care.

I go inside the apartment and Bailey is already there waiting for me.

Bailey: Where have you been?
Megan: I was out.
Bailey: I heard Tony's voice.

Bailey gives me that look. I hate that look.

Bailey: What were y'all doing?
Megan: Nothing. It's definitely not what you are thinking of.

She gives me that look again.

Megan: Ugh.

So I fill her in on everything she missed since she left. My date with Carson to hangout with Tony.

Bailey: Girl!! You have two guys interested in you.
Megan: There's no way that Tony is into me. Besides, I've already asked Carson to be my date to the Billboard Music Awards.
Bailey: Wait. You are going to the Billboard Music Awards?!
Megan: Yep to perform the single with Tony.

We both squeal with excitement.

Bailey: Oh my goodness!!! That is amazing. Oh we are going shopping for you a dress.
Megan: Hahaha. Thanks Bails.

So she tells me about her amazing weekend with David. According to what she's telling me, sounds like they really like each other. I'm happy for her.