Ch. 29 Truth Hurts

Megan POV
I can't get over what happened to me last night. Not only did my boyfriend lie to me, but I got betrayed. It's like I don't know what to do anymore and I just feel worthless and alone.
I basically cried all night when Bailey and I came home and just been staying in bed. Laura and Matt came to watch me while Bailey was out.
Laura comes in my room.

Laura: Meg? Honey can I come in?
Megan: Sure.

I sit up and Laura comes and sits on my bed.

Laura: How are you holding up?
Megan: I—

I try to hold my tears back, but what happened keeps playing in my head over and over again.

Laura: Oh honey.

Laura hugs me as tears come down my face.

Laura: It's okay. It's gonna be okay.
Megan: I don't know Laura. I worked so hard and this happens to me.
Laura: Stop crying and look at me.

I wipe my tears and look at Laura.

Laura: Meg, I know you are hurt. You are going to get through this. You have to think you are a big celebrity now and you are letting things get to you to bring you down because of you rising to the top. You know exactly who you are. You are a very strong, brave, and clever girl.
Megan: But why do I feel like a no one?
Laura: You are making yourself feel like that. You know who you are.

Maybe Laura has a point.

Megan: What should I do?
Laura: Let your heart decide.
Megan: Okay.

Laura give me a hug. This woman has the same wisdom my mom had. She knew exactly what to tell me when I felt like I failed.

Tony POV
The next day I wake up and I go meet up with Peyton. She wanted to meet with me about new upcoming gigs.

Peyton: So Tony, this is what we are looking at for the next few weeks.

She shows me my schedule for the next month. I'm trying so hard to focus, but I can't. I can't stop thinking about Megan. I feel so horrible.

Peyton POV
Tony seems a bit zoned out as I'm explaining this schedule.

Peyton: Tony? Is everything okay?
Tony: Actually no. 
Peyton: What's wrong?

Tony POV
I tell Peyton everything that happened last night.

Peyton: He did what?! Why would he do that?!
Tony: I don't know. It hurts me that my dad did this.
Peyton: Have you gotten a chance to talk to either Meg or your dad?
Tony: Meg doesn't want me or Carson to talk to her. As for my dad, I don't think I would want to talk to him. I haven't answered his calls or anything.
Peyton: Should I try and talk to one of them?
Tony: You can try Meg, not my dad. Also, Peyton cancel everything for the next month. I can't do it with all what's been happening.
Peyton: You sure?
Tony: Yeah.
Peyton: Okay. I understand. Take care. If you need me, you know what to do.
Tony: Thanks P.

I leave her office and head back to my house. I hope there is a way to fix this.

Megan POV
I've been in bed feeling depressed and all for like the past couple of days. Then I hear my phone vibrating. I hope it's not Tony or Carson because I don't want to talk to either of them. I look to see who it is and it's Peyton.

Megan: Hello?
Peyton: Hey Meg.
Megan: Hi Peyton.
Peyton: How are you?
Megan: Honestly, not my best. Let me guess you heard what happened?
Peyton: I sure did. I'm sorry to hear.
Megan: It's fine. You had nothing to do with it. So I won't hold it against you.
Peyton: Well, that's good to hear. So what are you going to do now?
Megan: After having a talk with Laura and doing some thinking, I'm thinking about leaving Jet Records and going somewhere else.
Peyton: What?
Megan: And having a new management team.
Peyton: Are you sure?
Megan: I'm thinking about it and I feel 100% sure and I want to push my album drop till I'm officially signed with my new company. Is there a way to make that happen?
Peyton: I'll see what I can do.
Megan: Great. Also, don't tell anyone about this. I'm going to tell it myself and it's gonna take some time.
Peyton: Okay. I'm gonna miss you.
Megan: Me too.

I hang up the phone. I hope this is the right thing.

Lucy POV
I'm sitting in the living room waiting for Bryson to come home. I decided to wait till today to tell Bryson how I feel about his actions of what he did last night.
I hear him walk in the house. He sees me in the living room and notices my bags.

Bryson: Lucy? What's with the bags?

I get up and face him.

Lucy: I don't appreciate how you did Megan last night
Bryson: What? I had to do it for the sake of our son.
Lucy: Our son or your pride? You listen to me, you meant to hurt Megan ever since day one and you were even more determined even when she had our daughter perform with her. You just don't care and don't understand how this is Megan's dream. You only care about no one, but yourself and you never understood how anyone has feelings. I could tell in Tony's eyes that he really loves and cares about Megan and he did everything he could to protect her from you being cruel to her.
Bryson: What—
Lucy: Until you get your act right, Hadley and I are leaving.
Bryson: What? Where are you gonna go?
Lucy: That's none of your concern.

With that I leave the house with my stuff. I go to our penthouse that we own.

Hadley is already there

Hadley is already there. I honestly hope that Bryson gets a change of heart.