Ch. 83 Too Personal

Megan POV
Almost two months have passed and life has been great. Bailey's fashion boutique is doing extremely well. She asked me to be her maid of honor and I accepted.
As for Tony and I, our house is almost complete. All we have left is the landscaping. We both agree to put my house that we have been living in on the real estate market. The house is in good condition and everything. For now we are staying at Tony's private apartment for till next week.
Right now, I'm on my way to our house to see how the landscaping looks so far. Tony is with Hadley, Lucy, and David.
After I finished that, I head back to the apartment. I began to feel a little bit sick. I've been feeling like this for a couple of weeks and it's been on and off lately. I don't quite understand why. I go to a pharmacy and sit in the parking lot for a minute before going inside to catch my breath. I go in and talk to a pharmacist and told them my problem.

Pharmacist: What can I help you with?
Megan: I've been feeling a bit nauseous for a couple of weeks now and I don't know what to do.
Pharmacist: Hmmm, let me ask you this. When was your last period?
Megan: Three weeks ago.
Pharmacist: You could probably be pregnant.
Megan: What?
Pharmacist: Don't freak out. I suggest you take two or three pregnancy tests.
Megan: Okay. Thank you.

I buy three pregnancy tests. After that, I go back to the apartment. I go straight to the bathroom and take the tests. I wait a minute for the results. I'm so nervous, but I remember what granny told and it plays in my head over and over again. After the minute was up, I look at the tests.

Megan: Oh my God!!

I hear the door to the apartment open and I quickly throw away the tests. I walk out of the bathroom and I look around for Tony.

Megan: Tony? Tony is that you?

I look around. Then out of nowhere everything goes black.

Tony POV
I'm out with my sister and mom. My phone rings and it's an unknown number.

Tony: What in the world?
Lucy: What is it?
Tony: An unknown number.
Lucy: Answer it.

I answer the phone.

Tony: Hello?
Unknown: Tony Carter.
Tony: Yes this is he. Who is this?
Unknown: Maybe this will give you a hint.
Megan: Tony!!

My heart drops. Megan is taken.

Tony: Megan? Baby, are you okay?
Megan: Please baby I—
Unknown: Now you see things my way.
Tony: What do you want?
Unknown: I want you to bring with you 10 million dollars with you in a duffel bag to the exact address in one hour. No cops, no family, no friends. If you do I'll make sure your wife gets a very special treatment.
Tony: If you lay a finger on Megan I swear—
Unknown: You'll what? What Tony?

I didn't say anything because that would trigger even more.

Unknown: That's what I thought. So do we have a deal?
Tony: Fine.
Unknown: See you soon.

I hang up the phone and I'm pissed.

David: What is it?
Tony: Megan is taken.
Hadley: What?
Tony: Whoever has her is wanting me to bring them 10 million dollars to them in an hour.
Lucy: We gotta tell the cops.
Tony: They said no cops, family, or friends.
David: We gotta out smart them.
Tony: How?

David tells us his idea.

Tony: Will this work?
Lucy: It has to.
Tony: Okay. We don't have much time.