Ch. 78 Family Ties (Part 1)

Megan POV
I wake up the next morning. I take a bath and get ready for today. I go to the kitchen and I see Amani cooking.

Megan: Good morning.
Amani: Morning. How did you sleep?
Megan: I slept great.
Amani: There was something I didn't ask you last night. How did you and Tony meet?
Megan: We met at a karaoke bar with my best friend. At that time I was a fitness trainer.
Amani: What?
Megan: Hahaha. It's crazy. My best friend wanted me to sing that night and I did. After I finished, Tony walked up to me and complements me on how great I sound.
Amani: Awww. That's so cute.
Megan: To make it even more interesting I didn't know that he was a celebrity because he was in his disguise.
Amani: Oh. How along ago was this?
Megan: Oh man....over a year ago.
Amani: Oh so y'all didn't waist time to get married?
Megan: Nope. I love him so much. Plus, I'm so grateful that he helped me take off in my music career.
Amani: Seems like you found yourself a good man honey.
Megan: I sure did.

We both laughed. We talked even more about our husbands. Amani works as a realtor and Tucker is a high school football coach. Tony, Tucker, and the kids comes for breakfast.

Amani: Today we are going to be going over to our granny's house to help her and the rest of our family make the dinner for tomorrow.
Megan: So I get to meet everyone?
Amani: Yeah.
Megan: Do they know that I'm here or anything?
Amani: Ummmm—
Megan: They don't know do they?

Amani shakes her head no at me. It makes me nervous. They don't know that I'm here or who I am.

Amani: I promise you everything will be fine.
Megan: Okay.

We help Amani load up the things she needs to help to make the dinner. They are using two different cars. Tony is going to ride with Tucker. While Amani, the kids, and I are in another. As we are riding, I'm wanting ask about my family.

Megan: Amani, can you tell me some more about everyone? I kinda wanna know what I'm getting into.
Amani: Hahaha. Sure. So we have Aunt Candace.

Amani: She's the funny aunt, but don't give her any alcohol because she's a trip

Megan: Hahaha. Oh my goodness. It's that bad.
Amani: Haha. You have no idea. Then there's my mom. Her name is Angela.