CHAPTER 22: First Date

PARKER

Shit! Why the hell have I reacted in such an unusual and abnormal way? Why did I confess all that I just now did about how I feel for her?!

I know that I have recently fucked up pretty bad with her and I don't blame her neither for wanting to be out of the contract but I want to be with Macey more than I have ever wanted to be with anybody else when it comes to a relationship.

"I've never done this before-be as vulnerable as you have made me feel recently and I understand if you want out of the contract. But I don't want you out of my life. I thought all these years it was better pushing people away so that they'd be safe but, it's not easy pushing you away." I confess.

I feel a little nauseous as I just said that. Did that freak her out more? Finally after a moment of silence, she answers me.

"I feel that way about you too." She tells me. "And I also have been hurt and deceived by people that should have loved and appreciated me but never did. So I used my stories to live my so called 'romantic-love-life' through those so that way I had control over who got hurt and who didn't." She tells me.

I look at her and notice her looking down at her hands while fidgeting on her lap and then I take her hand in mine and enlace our fingers.

"So what do you say?" I ask her.

She looks at me and takes in a breath before letting it out and answering.

"If you're serious about us trying a relationship with each other then, we can do it but the first thing we need to do is to have the contract be terminated immediately." She says.

"Done." I tell her.

"That's not all. You have to trust me just as I will you. You can't be controlling outside of the bedroom and we can still have fun as usual, but the only difference obviously is paper." She chuckles to herself.

"I promise." I smile at her.

"Okay then." She tells me.

"Alright. Tomorrow night at six, be ready. I'm gonna come by and take you to dinner." I tell her.

"I'd like that." She tells me.

********************

The Next Day

Today was when I was taking her out on a date and it's been a while since I've been on a real one.

Luckily though I was friends with one of the Manager's of a very popular steakhouse restaurant that you need months in advance for a reservation for but thankfully, there was a last minute cancellation and he promised me the spot.

I hadn't been at the club at all today because I was feeling nervous about messing shit up and at one point began wondering why the hell I was overthinking things and then remembering in why I never bothered before with all of this. Then again, she's worth all the effort and more.

This girl has got me hooked so bad and so fast. This is all new to me and I am hoping that things THIS time around go better than before.

After I finished getting ready, I started to make my way over towards her place to pick her up.

A moment after I got there and knocked on her door, when she opened it, I literally had the first jaw-dropping moment ever in my life all from what a woman was wearing.

I don't think we will even make it to dinner, to be honest.

Next chapter will be posted soon and also will have a picture of the outfit she chose to wear! :);):)