CHAPTER 41: Where To Go From Here?!?

MACEY

Things seemed to have been going okay as we all listened in on what was being said between all of them until we heard Walker tell Parker to get rid of the earpiece. 

We didn't think he would do it until we suddenly heard loud static and a high-pitched sound come through our end causing us all to flinch and quickly cover our ears until Torro's uncle, Rocko, turned it off. 

"Shit!" Rocko curses out loud. 

"What now? You guys go in to get him, right?" I ask worried. 

"We can't interfere yet. We have to wait...." Rocko tries to explain but all I hear is he's NOT going in to help out Parker. 

"Wait for what?! Until you hear a gunshot go off and find Parker's dead already?!" I snapped at him. "If you won't go in, then I fucking will!" I stated. 

Right when I started to stand up, I felt somebody pull me down by the arms and saw it was Kelsa.

"Don't be stupid Macey!" She tells me. 

"But he's going to die in there and besides, don't they have MORE than enough evidence to get this guy?!" I exclaimed. 

"Listen, there are certain procedures we have to follow before just running in." Rocko tries to explain but I think it's just an excuse, honestly and there's some other reason why he's not doing anything right now. 

"No disrespect Sir, but aren't you in charge of all this and your men? You're the Director for the department right?" I asked. 

"Look. This isn't like the movies or your stories. If we went in now, it's more than likely he'll kill your boyfriend before we get a chance to help save him. So please, trust me and my men and he'll be out safely. And if you continue to interfere this way, you're gonna have to leave." He warns. 

I continue to glare at him with my arms folded as I fight back tears at the same time of both frustration towards him and sadness while looking out the window in the van we have been in for a while now that is parked not too far away but still out of sight. 

"Can I at least get some air?" I asked him. 

He looks at me and lets out a breath before nodding. 

"Yeah. Just stay close by and out of sight from his men." He reminds me. 

"Yes, Sir." I replied then got out and stood off to the side near a couple of trees and looked at the building that my boyfriend was in. 

I had not been out for a minute when I heard yelling along with gunfire coming from inside the place then the few men of Walker's who guarded the door, drew their guns and ran inside. 

My first immediate reaction was to yell out Parker's name and to run towards that direction but I quickly felt two strong arms tightly wrap around my waist and pulls me back harshly with me making it difficult as I kick and scream trying to break free from the person's grasp. 

Then I noticed Kelsa walking up to help me and I soon realized it was Torro who had me. 

"Let me go!" I yelled at him still trying to struggle free from his arms. 

"Calm down. My uncle and his men are taking care of it!" He tries to tell me. 

I didn't believe him and then suddenly, I notice Rocko and the rest of his guys, including the ones who already surrounded the perimeters start running inside the place with guns blazing. 

The yelling and gunfire went on for what felt like forever until things out-of-nowhere became dead silent. 

Kelsa, Torro and I were the only ones who were outside and we just looked at the door of the building and noticed somebody suddenly stumble out while limping then right away falling onto the ground.....

I couldn't see who it was right away because of how far away we were ad then immediately was relieved when I saw Parker slowly limp outside and it looked like they both said something to each other before Parker pulled the trigger and shot Walker. 

I took this opportunity to then break free finally from Torro's grasp and before he could get to me, I had ran up to Parker who as soon as he looked up to see me, he smiled. 

I didn't care neither that he had blood on him, I ran into his arms, kissed him and was grateful he was alright. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :) 

I was going to leave you all with a cliffhanger but.....decided that for this time, I wouldn't. :) :) Love you all!