CHAPTER 25: That Went Better Than I Thought

MACEY

It's been a few days now since I have seen Parker. He has told me that he has been real busy with this new partner of his and even had cancelled close to the last minute on our date last night and after waking up this morning, I finally decided that I would try and catch him this morning before he went to work and maybe we could talk while having some breakfast.

I thought I'd make it more like a surprise and made my way over there and a moment after I had knocked the door finally opened, but it wasn't him. Instead it was some girl with her hair disheveled and groggy.

"Can I help you?" She asked me while squinting her eyes and adjusting them.

"I..." I right away became speechless. I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to jump to conclusions but how else was I supposed to react? "I'm sorry." Was all I said then turned to walk away but immediately stopped after she asked me something.

"Wait! Are you looking for Parker?" She asks.

I let out a breath and then turn back around and nod my head.

"Yes." I reply.

"Come on in. I'll go wake him up." She says.

"It's okay." I start to tell her.

"No, it's not a problem, my brother needs to wake up anyways." She says while motioning with her head for me to come inside.

Wait, did she just say, brother? Oh my gosh I feel embarrassed although not nearly embarrassed of course as I would have if I had said it out loud in what I felt and why.

So I take a step inside and then after she closes the door she comes to stand right in front of me.

"Hold up, has anyone ever told you you look like the famous author, Macey Auburn?" She says and then covers her mouth in shock before I am able to say anything. "Holy shit, you're her! Oh my god!" She says and then screams in excitement.

"Yes?" I replied with a little laughter.

"Oh my god, I am such a huge fan of yours. Holy shit, nobody will ever believe me that I am standing right here in the same presence as THE Macey Auburn!" She screams of excitement again..

I continue to laugh until we see a panicked Parker come running out of his room.

"What the hell is going?! What is it?" He asks all panicked and wearing nothing but his sweatpants. Then he looks at me with wide eyes surprised.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scream but oh my god, Parker, this is THE Macey Auburn. My favorite author and..." She stops for a minute and calms down then looks at me confused. "Wait, why are you here?" She asks me.

"I..." I started to try and quickly think of something but before I could say anything else, Parker cut me off and with what he did and said next, I was surprised.

"Jane, this is Macey, my girlfriend." He introduces me as he takes hold of my hand.

"Are you serious? You finally found somebody to put up with your bullshit and that you truly like?" She asks.

"Yes." He rolls his eyes at her. "Macey, this is my sister, Jane. She's staying with me for a while." He says.

"We've met." I chuckle a little bit.

"Yeah, sorry about that fan moment." She tells me.

"Don't be, I'm flattered." I smile at her.

"Well, why don't you come on in, brother, you get dressed and I'll make us all some breakfast." She offers.

"Alright." I tell her.

"We'll be out in a minute sis, I need to talk with her for a minute." Parker tells her then we begin walking towards my bedroom and after he shuts the door behind him, he starts to explain what has been going on for the past few days and why he had to cancel our date last night.

"It's okay. I mean, when she answered the door I was a little hurt assuming she was a playmate of yours but then again, I didn't get a good look at her whole face since she was hiding some of it. I'm sure if I saw more of it I would have noticed the similarities." I laugh at myself a little bit.

"Well I appreciate you not going ape-shit on her or me." He smiles.

"So, she's the reason you cancelled last night?" I asked.

"Yeah. A few days ago was when she stopped by unexpectedly and then last night, it seemed her ex-boyfriend had seemed to have followed her here and I had to call the police and handle all of that. So I apologize but I swear that on my way to work today I was going to stop by and see if you actually wanted to grab some breakfast so I could explain. But then again, we might need to grab something to eat because my sister isn't the best at cooking." He tells me while putting on a shirt.

"Oh I'm sure it'll taste fine. Also, she does know that you own a club, right?" I ask him.

"Yes. But doesn't know anything about that part of my life or and what the club is. But I never have to worry because she isn't the kind that goes to clubs in general so I never have to worry." He laughs a little.

"Oh, gotchya." I nod.

"Alright, lets go eat whatever she has made." He jokes and we start to head out to eat breakfast that actually she had made quite deliciously and that had impressed Parker it seemed also.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)