CHAPTER 38: Can I Trust Him?!?

PARKER

It's been a few days since we had returned and both Macey and I had talked along with Jane, my sister as well as Torro and Kelsa in what we should do.

The obvious choice would be the FBI and to be honest I was a little hesitant because last I heard, Walker had connections with some of them so I wasn't too sure about going with that.

However, the only option left was to take care of it myself and that wasn't for sure going to be the case for obvious reasons.

"Listen, I know how worried you are about involving the FBI and all but I happen to have an Uncle that has been with them for the past thirty years and can guarantee that he is one of the HONEST ones." Torro tells me.

"As much as I want to believe you, there is still a part of me that feels skeptical." I admit.

"I understand but..." He started to say but then there was a knock at the door.

Torro offered to answer it and after he did, it sounded like whoever it was he knew as we heard him and another male's voice greet each other while giving a bro hug then turned and started walking towards us at the table.

"Who's this?" I asked although judging by the salt and pepper looking hair color and militant stature, along with some resemblance to Torro, this was his Uncle.

"This is my uncle Rocko." Torro introduced him.

"It's nice to meet you." Rocko stuck out his hand with a smile and I shook it.

"Yeah." Was all I could say.

How could he ask me if I would sit down with his uncle when he already was having him come over apparently no matter what?!?

"Shall we sit?" His Uncle Rocko suggested.

"Sure." I shrugged my shoulders up and down then went to sit back down beside Macey and everyone was introduced before he began.

"Alright. Torro explained everything to me already and I must say that I understand why you'd be apprehensive and hesitant to talk to me due to your past experience." He mentions.

"What makes you think I'm apprehensive?" I asked while glaring at Torro a little bit.

"Because my nephew here seems to know how you are and also knew you'd be objective to the idea of coming to me. Hence is why I came here unannounced today." He smirked.

"I just don't want to risk anyone's life. I have far more to lose this time then the last and, I apologize but, I need to make sure of all the people I love will be okay." I mention while looking at him as I squeeze a little bit of Macey's hand.

"I understand. Believe me, I do." He replies. "But I swear on my life, my family's, especially my nephews here, that my team and I are going to do whatever it takes to make sure you all are safe and no longer have to worry about this sick fuck." He explains.

I look at Torro and then over at Macey then back at Rocko again and nod in agreement.

"Alright." I agreed.

"Now, I still don't have all the information I need. Obviously you would know more about Walker's status than Torro since you've done business with him recently. So I'm going to ask you some questions, then next we'll compare what each other all knows about the guy and then come up with a plan and go from there on what next to do. Sound good?" He asks me.

"Yeah. Sounds good. Let's get this over with." I agreed.

We began going over things and I was finding out some things I already knew but more things that I didn't know about his past. Then one of the pictures I saw that he showed me caused me to immediately excuse myself and run to the bathroom to empty my stomach.

It was an image I had hoped I would never see again......

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)