CHAPTER 39: I Won't Leave You

MACEY

I took a look at the photo and heard everybody gasp in horror when they saw the gruesome photo.

In the photo was a mangled-up-nude-female who had a bow in her hair and looked like she had ripped up knee high white tights with a tied ribbon at the top of them. She looked to have been bludgened to death and was all cut up. The cuts that had me most disturbed was the carving on her chest, close to her neck that read: Daddy's Girl.

"Oh my god." I said under my breath. "Who is this?" I asked the detective.

"Leslie Houston." We heard Parker say while leaning up against the doorway that lead into the kitchen.

"Who was that?" His sister Jane asks.

"She was a good friend of mine back in high school. One day she went missing. I had just asked her out a few days before and I had told Walker I wanted out from working with him. But he didn't like that and thought it would be great to go after her. It was weeks before they found her body laying on the side of the highway with that message on her." He stops himself and tries to hold back tears.

I felt horrified and disturbed so much but I wanted to comfort him and get up to hold him.

"Baby." I started to say but he stopped me and when he looked at me, he had tears.

"Now do you see why I wanted you to not go near him or even speak to him and why I wanted you to not be with me?" He says.

The room was filled with a thick sense of awkwardness but mostly some hesitation in what anyone of us could say right now.

"Listen, Parker..." Rocko began to say but Parker stopped him.

"You swear that you can take this asshole down?! That there will be NO way he could get out again?!" Parker asks with a clenched jaw and fists at his sides as he looks at Rocko.

"You have my word." Rocko tells him.

Parker then nods his head in agreement.

"Okay then. I'll help with whatever you need." He says.

"Great. Thanks." Rocko tells him. "I'll come by here tomorrow with some of my guys and we'll go over a few things." He mentions.

"Sure." Parker says then turns and starts to head upstairs.

I didn't want to be rude to Rocko or everybody else but I needed to check on my man. So I shook Rocko's hand and started to leave.

I noticed as soon as I reached his door that it was halfway opened and I heard things being tossed around the room accompanied by him yelling to himself.

So I proceeded to open the door gently and enter the bedroom with caution. It might be a bad idea and I should probably leave him alone to let him calm down a bit but I couldn't wait for that. I felt he needed some comforting right now.

When he finally stops throwing a tantrum, he stops and sees me and all I can see are two strong emotions. Both of them were of anger along with guilt and sadness.

We both stood there with me leaning back against the now closed door as he stood there several feet away from me.

"I'm so fucking sorry, Macey." He begins breaking down and crying while holding his face in his hands as he sits down on the edge of the bed.

I begin to feel my heart break from the way he is reacting and just hate to see him cry. So I start to walk up towards him and sit down beside him before then taking his hand in mine and turning his face to look at me.

"Listen to me." I start while holding the side of his face having him look into my eyes before continuing.

"I know that none of this is your fault. Just unfortunately, happens to be your past catching up. But, I swear that I won't go anywhere or be scared off." I try and assure him with a smile.

He looks at me surprised and then smiles and bites his lower lip a little before then placing one of his hands on the side of my face and leans in to kiss me.

It starts off passionate and was like that for a couple moments until we both started to get into it more lustful. However, when we pulled back our heads to catch our breaths, he gently rubs the side of my face and looks deep into my eyes.

"I love you Macey." He says.

Without a single thought, I replied.....

"I love you too."

For the rest of the night we held one another and fell asleep in each other's arms.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)