CHAPTER 26: EVER!

PARKER

I was honestly surprised to see Macey here and at the same time was happy because this way she was going to be able to meet my sister.

I hadn't purposely tried ignoring Macey over these past few days, or as I'm sure she thought was 'blowing her off' but I really was caught up in a few things.

The breakfast was actually surprisingly good and impressive-she didn't burn anything.

Afterwards, Jane and Macey talked with each other while I hopped in the shower then got ready for the rest of the day and when I came out I have to admit that seeing the both of them laughing and talking as if they have known each other a while already put a smile on my face.

"I hate to interrupt but, Macey, did you want to come with me and we can head over to the club?" I asked her.

She could tell that by the look I was giving her was me telling her I wanted to talk more with her about some things and was even thinking about mentioning Walker and the past few days.

So she 'thanked' Jane as did I once again before next we headed towards the door and headed outside down towards my car in the underground parking garage.

"Uh, my car is actually parked up out in the front." Macey laughs.

"I know. I wanted us to talk about a few things and thought we could take my car." I smile at her while trying to hide just how nervous I was feeling

"Okay." She replies with half a smile and seemed to look worried.

We got into the car and then went towards my office at the club and once we got inside, I locked the door behind us and had her take a seat on the couch before I then sat next to her.

"I wanted to apologize for the past few days. I haven't purposely been trying to ignore you and to stand you up last night but, there are a few things that I have been distracted with aside from my sister coming out of nowhere and asking to stay with me." I laughed a little to myself.

"Okay." She replies. "So what else were you doing?" She asks.

"I recently have made a deal with an old friend, I guess you could call him and we recently became partners in trying to open a new club like mine in Vegas and I have been busy with meeting up with him and discussing a few things." I began to explain.

"Okay, if that's all, why did you hide it from me? That's not a big deal." She smiles and I can tell feels relieved as I'm sure she thought I was about to tell her I was cheating on her or something.

"Because last night in particular, he asked me to go to Vegas with him in a few days for just a couple of days to check out the venue in where he wants to set up the club at and as much as I would love to have you go with me, I would prefer it if you would not meet him." I admit.

"If you don't mind me asking, why not?" She asks.

"I don't trust him around people I am close to and care about. Business, he's okay but I don't like to mix business with my personal life and that's no exception for even him." I insist.

"Alright. I understand. I have to admit though that it sounded a little weird and still does but....I trust you." She takes hold of my hand and we smile at each other.

Next I lean in and kiss her more passionately than I ever have before. I never thought I would ever become this vulnerable and let somebody in like this ever again. And I will not lose her. I won't allow anything to happen to her, EVER!

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)