CHAPTER 24: Bad Timing

PARKER

When I woke up the next morning, I noticed she was already out of bed and so I put on my boxers then walked out of the bedroom after rubbing my eyes to wake up some more then my nostrils were invaded with the delicious scent of mostly bacon.

The moment I had come walking out, I had right away noticed Macey was standing in the kitchen and looked to be plating a couple of plates with some pancakes, bacon, fruit and some eggs.

I walked up behind her and wrapped both my arms around her waist then bent my head down to kiss the side of her neck.

"Good morning sexy." I greeted her.

"Good morning to you too." She smiles then turns around to wrap her arms around me also and gives me a kiss.

"You didn't have to make breakfast." I tell her.

"I know. I just wanted to. Although I didn't know what you liked." She smiles.

"It looks amazing. Although you look yummier." I tell her before leaning back in to give her another quick kiss.

Next we took the plates and sat next to each other at her little round table and ate while talking a little as well, including what we wanted to do today.

"So what do you have planned today? Work?" She asks me.

"Not exactly. I mean I do have to do some work stuff. Mostly it's just a meeting with a business partner of mine." I tell her. Which technically isn't a lie but am hoping also that she isn't one of those girls that likes to get into everyone's business by asking more questions.

"Oh, those are always fun." She jokes.

My god I love her giggle.

"What about you?" I ask changing the subject.

"Not today. I still am waiting for my Publisher to get back to me on my book and she is also waiting for an email from that Director." She says.

I still can't believe I am with a talented and beautiful woman. She is one of a kind that I am lucky enough to make mine.

"Are you nervous?" I ask her to try and make conversation.

"No." She replies while taking a drink of coffee and shaking her head a little bit.

"More than anything I'm excited and real happy. I mean, I was nervous at first and didn't want to get all happy until I knew for sure it was real. Then that night at the dinner, it confirmed it." She smiles that heart-warming-infectious-amazing-smile of hers.

"You're so amazing you know that?" I tell her while I take hold of her hand and gently rub my thumb across the back of her hand as we look into each other's eyes and smile.

"I know." She grins while teasing.

"You're so cute." I tell her.

I lean in to kiss her then we next finish up with breakfast. I then do the dishes for her before I take off and tell her I will hit her up later because I needed to go home and get ready for my meeting with Walker.

While finishing getting ready after I got home, took a shower then headed towards my car, I had gotten a call from my sister.

"Hey Jane." I answered.

"Hi brother!" She says.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Are you going to be going to be home this weekend?" She asks me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I was thinking I could come and stay with you for a while." She tells me.

"Really? This weekend?" I repeat to verify thinking about how I can tell her no without having to tell her why. Although just the thought of me telling her 'no' is heartbreaking because she rarely can come and see me. But now isn't the best time really.

"Yeah. Is it a bad time?" She asks.

"Uh..." I started to say but then was cut off the moment I saw her and standing several feet away from me with a few bags. Which I knew what that meant.

So I hung up and walked towards her and we began to hug one another.

"Sorry I didn't give you a heads up before. I was going to surprise you." She says as she takes a step back.

"No, it's fine. But are you alright? Did you and your boyfriend break up?" I asked her.

"Yeah, you were right, he did have anger issues." She says.

I can tell through her big dark glasses that she must have been hiding a bruise. I swear if I ever run into him I'll kill him.

So before leaving, I message Walker real fast then take her into the house and have her go ahead and settle into the room I have always left ready for whenever she needed a place to stay then told her I had an important meeting. She of course understood and I left her some money before I took off.

This wasn't exactly the BEST time for her to be here between Walker and me starting a relationship with Macey.

Which my sister also has no idea about my lifestyle. She knows I own a club but thankfully doesn't like the club scene so I will never need to worry about her going to it.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)